Skip to main content

Full text of "Dancing Israelis Police and FBI Reports 9/11/01"

See other formats

FD-302 (Rev. 10-6-95)

DATE: 09-08-2010

•CLASSIFIED BY UC6G322LP/PLJ/CC
PEAS OH: 1.4 (c)

DECLASSIFY ON: 09-08-2035

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

ALL IWFORMAXP^COTJTAIWED
HEREIN ISimtAS$IFIED EXCEPT
WHEB&SHOWN OTHERWISE.

ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED
HEREIN IS UNCLASSIFIED EXCEPT
WHERE SHOWN OTHERWISE

Date of transcription 09/ 16 / 2 002

On 09 /1.7/2001. six da vs after the terrorist events of
09/11/2001. SAsI T and I I nterviewed

I ~ H OP Manhattan Avenue, . Union City, New

Jersey. | | had previously telephoned the Newark FBI and

indicated that he had photographs prior to the explosions at the
World Trade Center.

The above-referenced agents retrieved the photographs

from | | at his residence, however, upon review, the photos

appeared to be taken around the time of the collapse of the first
tower, not prior to the attack.

While in the apartment building, the interviewing agents
were advised by security to speak to another tenant who might have
knowledge of the event . Neither agent is able to recall the name
of the woman at present .

The interviewing agents spoke with the referenced woman
who provided no additional information. After determining that the
woman could provide no relevant information, the agents thanked her
for her time and proceeded to leave. The woman accompanied the
agents to the elevator on her floor.

While waiting for the elevator, the agents noticed a
drawing, approximately eye level, on the wall near the elevator
call buttons. The drawing appeared to depict the World Trade
Center towers. This was evident by the shape of the buildings
depicted, with one tower bearing a large antenna at the top . There
was no evidence indicating how long the drawing had been there.

CLASSIFIEDlYrb
REAS0NjJ4L^T
DECLASSIFY ON:.

LlUo'i

investigation on 09/16/2002 Newark, New Jersey

by SA

Date dictated 0 9 / 16 /2 0 02

This document contains neither recommendations nor conclusions of is the*pr$perty of the FBI and is loaned to your agency;

it and its contents are not to be distributed outside your agency. /

fD-448 (Rsv. 6-2-97)

£^|pipS||&

fejBiwi

llfejjP

FBI FACSIMILE

COVER SHEET

All INFORMATION CONTAINED

HEREIN IS UNCLASSIFIED / / , _

DATE ^<3 / OS JHtoSXMxCftflcPblftV ^

PRECEDENCE

□ Immediate

□ Priority
[X| Routine

CLASSIFICATION

□ Top Secret

□ Secret

□ Confidential

□ Sensitive
IS Unclassified

Time Transmitted: 1 30^ L,

Sender's Initials:

Number of Pages: 4 ue (jl^)

(including cover sheet)

To: S \bC-jC AT- P-

Name 0 / Office ;

Facsimile Number: %OZL~ 2 2. 3-^

Room Telephone

aylc_

Name of Office

FP-SOL.

*-\ v Ve

LCaW.^

Special Handling Instructions: c&uAtcA

:tp4~

Originator's Name:

Telephone:

Originator's Facsimile Number: l

Brief Description of Communication Faxed: IT’D 3QZ~ g&Ar/

-O'

WARNING

Information attached to the cover sheet is U.S. Government Property. If you are not the intended recipient of this
information, disclosure, reproduction, distribution, or use of this information is prohibited (18.USC, § 641). Please notify the
originator or the local FBI Office immediately to arrange for proper disposition.

FD-542(Eev. 11-02-1999)

DATE: 09-08-2010
CLASSIFIEj^BY UCS0322LP/PLJ/CC
REASON: A (c)

DECLASSIFY ON: 09-08-203S

SS^ET/ORCON/NOFORN

To : Newark Attn :

From: Newark

C-9 ^ ^ b 6

Contact: SA | I b?c

,**■

Approved By: 7
Drafted By: i

( s ) Case ID #^&(.S/OC/NF)-
( S ) Title^^|S / OC/NF^

(S)

Synopsis: (U) Statistical accomplishment report for captioned

investigation .

bl

-©a-Sr

Reference

■E

bl

Details : (U) The purpose of this communication is to claim

statistical accomplishments from the referenced serial now apart
of the above captioned substantive case file.

«/

OS'/OC/NF) Transfer $f evidence to FBIHQ for review.

DATE:

classMe^b
REASON: 1.4(
DECLAS!

b'l

r_ij

Accomplishment Information:

Number : 8

Type: FIS/TERRORIST ACTIVITY OBSERVED/DETECTED

ITU: CONSENSUAL SEARCH

ITU: LIAISON WITH OTHER AGENCY

ITU: LIAISON WITHIN FBI

ITU: SEARCH (NON- CONSENSUAL)

Claimed By:

SSN :

Name :

Squad

♦♦

2

277£reo \.€C-

,(kev. 0^-28-2000)

DATE: *09-88-2010

CLASSIFIED BY UC60322LP/PLJ/CC
PEAS 01: 1,4 (c)

DECLASSIFY 01: 09-08-2035

IT/ ORCON/NOFORN

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

ALL INFORMATION COHTAIHED
HERE II IS UNCLASSIFIED EXCEPT
WHERE SHOWN OTHERWISE

Precedence :>

To : Newark!

ROUTINE

From: /cbunterin^lJ^gence

\CD-2 G/Rp6m 4 066
SA I

/Date : 10/04/2002

/ Attn: C-9 , SA

Approved By:
Drafted By:
Case ID # : Ji

Title:

(Pending) — vJ0 d
(Pending) . ‘

{£ Synopsis^/ (-^//OC,. NF-)^To document the return of evidence to
a ty Newark and translation results, Hebrew to English, of certain pocket litter collected from the
Sp lu fe High Fivers on 09/1 1/2001 .

(J^//OC,

(U) Full Field Investigation Instituted: 06/26/2002 bl

S ZgB> _ m-r- i

Reference: (S//OC, NF) J '( S )

i If Details: j£8/70C,NF)| |requested FBI Newark to

1 4{ transfer the collected pocket litter to tne at fiSJUtiO. The evidence was received by the

tjSxjS \ | on 09/13/2002, at FBIHQ. The items included personal notebooks/joumals, address
j g i books, personal organizers, personal letters, business cards, and assorted documents such as
' passports, phone cards, maps and other documents associated with the five and the moving

business, seized from the "High Fivers", I
I land “ 1

W/OC,NF) Copies of the personal notebooks/joumals, address books,
personal organizere/personal letters, documents, and b ooks in Hebrew were made for the
purpose of translation into English. On 091/7/2002, SA j I I provided the first of two

groups of documents to be trans lated bv Contract Linguist ( CL ) , - — , \ with the

approval of Linguist Supervisor I I and Unit Chief FBI Washington

Fie ld Offic e ('V\TO). The first group of documents was translated, and su bsequently retrieved by
SA [at WFO, on 09/19/2002. The second group was provided to CL that day.

mlo 5

iET/ORCON/NOFORN

CLASSMElm^
REASO NjJJRer
BE0bA§S0YON:

r_ij

^ Sl^R^T/ORCON/NOFORN

Newa:
(S) I

10 / 04 / 20 : 0 : 2 '

CL I I translated the documents, which were retrieved by SAl lat WFO, on

09/20/2002.

p»/OC,NF) The translated documents indicate the notebooks, journals, and
address books were of a personal nature. The tra nslations in clude travel accounts, friends and
associates phone numbers, and family letters. CL opined there was nothing of Foreign

Intelligence nature in the documents.

jJB^The following evidence is being reh imed to Newark: 1B25 BC E0L889O34,
and 1B25 BC E01 889039, from case F ^J B4 E01889578, 1B30, lBll.QgQ

W) For Newark, copies of the translated documents, from Hebrew to English,

are attached hereto.

tET/ORCON/NOFORN

-08-20X0

SIFIED BY UC60322LP/PLJ/CC
EASON: 1.4 (c)

DECLASSIFY J)N: 09-08-2035

ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED

HEREIN IS UNCLASSIFIED EXCEPT

WHERE SHOWN OTHERWISE

CL |

Washington Field
September 17, 2002

REQUESTING OFFICE: FBI Headquarters

REQUESTING OFFICIAL: SSA

CASE TITLE: National Security
CASE ED:1

hi

b6

b7C

LANGUAGE: Hebrew

WFO JOB#: 6643
Document Name: as02260f.nsd

HEREIN IS U

EXCEPT

OWN OTHERWIt

DATE:
CLASSIFIED

REASON: 1.4
BE

S E'
/

[LS note: All foreign names and names of o
approximated]

all iiFerauffiqi- cohtaihed

HERE II IS LUC OSSIFIED

BATE 09-08-2010 BY UC80322LP /PL J ZO

C^MIU l!fl& UNUCUT
nm ^uud <,m mu u m^u, ^tcuu.
LiNLUL mama cc^n m alum mui
u <^am - lie ra am m ^:a ^cuuuuu;
uadatf uixial iLiuiatu' uauu me i aauam
nu Liudil -<auaa- m aa^cu litauQ* uaml
ma - acta mz.\iac^ inquU^c ucia«rt ^su
diaam mauj* ^uctdu-udLUQ' utL au m( a^
now. iaal uaaN rtu udiiN ^ aa^au^a a^
diiN^a cma m 'amiuicudu im^m
u„uic^a„ ana m ^emma ac, auu a^iu

CC^(tCflull'^L(0/6l-e/6l)
Mi, u«i mui mcuua atia im«
auuuu dautu cuinaa

1 'jrtra .1 .1 a

ns 1 ? fim .prarrmn

ITT nna

J.R.R. Tolkien
THE HOBBIT

anb nmn ppbm bKipi ibin p to> pron nap >ain"n
wbm niKn ,1936 n W 2 ana m ,m impi nmnn maw
maw UK "p>ain"n ron nmwnb atom mma mna
to nr m naj> nmn .(naan nra to mm) mw mb
wt» wron nianb trniwn nmmnn ton aw "main"n
KbK ,maKbn to ppispn mmn Kb ib dwtik .na ip ib
(A bw nnson mw ibana ’bKiunn iwbm wo to naan

Ffl .1973-1970 own pa impair n»pap Kbaa

aL it nwmi name labwepbwK npnam bw nirom
wf nbmn inKb own rniwa mmm awa .nnpn ppna nnm
A tK wo ,wwn aawi iwbm pro ba>p ym
(m top to wirnp wo iai nai nama nap jmamnsTKa
ito nbip'ipnb nnnbna wnnnna niKpnamb ima-bpa
,nKtom |mto arrai ,nnmpnn nbtovn .ini' pm
iai? ,iannn to nnbibm niKxnm pm npaiwn nroroan
nK .nr ihk nra iapn nK impia awn bw nab nK
/p bp wbnro >ba ibmnn nmpb iapn nmn naKbn
mb'apnm'bn mb ik mb nw nbmn .npm-npma
■prow .ppbm to n'bnn*'pnwbi xivbaiKn n'bnb nnapa
'appi w nmnb ianpi mnn ipi nnmmnn nK mm
nrmam nwn ibnp troai npaiK inma .ibia iapn bn
twi p ihk .nmn anb rmwn ,npiapi npna napaa
nwn *|in ,nmpb n'bibm mrmai iapn in bipa Kiip nm
flTOp ik napa napnn inna .nimbi pap bn nminm
nmbnn ,nnn ,nnpm ppnb nmnnnn ba nmiann an
nnpn nnapa ninn iapn anai niwKin nmmnn .mnw
;am non Kanin ip nwbnnai nna up iapi ninipm
n'pa nm napan nmn nmnn .ban npi bp baipn nmn
to nKbn nnmapa nnapb ipnn nniK .nmnb nnai

.KbaaOT'iPn'bKimn

O by George Allen and Unwin Ltd,
London

0 Hebrew Rights Reserved 1977 by
Zmora-Bitan, Publishers
P.O.B. 22383, Tel-Aviv
Printed in Israel, 2000

Translated into Hebrew by
the P.O.W, of the Israeli Air-Force Pilots
and their comrades
in Abasya Prison, Cairo, 1970-1973

.Qiinb ,o’bpnb ,dW? .pnsnb .bsanb px
aibpbixmb,miixaaionxb . 01
naa ix naix ,mitij?bx max baa ix fn baa fn
,ni ison® lawna xintt? pbn ba - inx ix
ni isoa biban iaina xw no baa nnoa mm
.b"iana aaaa iron nina xbx ubnnn nox

j’pbia Alp ins’ojinn’x •"[

1977 JUKI rmsannpxibnx nxi

nmapmasaiiTOba©

itxbnwTB,]iKnrnBib

’bstsaanooimninib.iiTo

nxbD’xma.inmmiai

wx*bn,32ifwaim

20oo/D''pabxiitaaoDi3

/

/ d '
/ #

‘"'.ft?'

Mf' ■*"

/J,/ •••

/if'. r ' ?

#F‘- sfjpr

'■^tV ,

'i.0::,

’"i$ *

.fl 1

■r

l Jif i

;)t-V > {

Vy?>'

h-V

;r^; * < -

* . ffl^^ani^poa^OiMn'; | A 'jj

jp Ij?

f if,; ■■ ■ * -V’l ’'S^fr *„’«’ wV?-' ’ • *

•;K

V '•‘>1

f ;■ "\ , .'

; ; --vi a,.
!/**'■

•V* . j/(i. ‘i

* i l v ^'.Vi 5 ''■

*V{*V * ' 1 1
■ 'X:< , lr

C ,J*U< ft* ".i ,

1.4

A*y

i«fj

!.■,:■ i - - ■, ■ '.nmo,fi^npi>-

... :;V ■ ■■■ •■•'■'

>', v 'A , ;

v- : ,:, r f

WllM'llill

'■.,;jnraDji3?0j)i5o!i

S^Ws^'W
‘:-4‘ \

, ■ (V *is ;* ’

iiiimiiinii

0 00030013239 5

MNftNtftt

im4m wi;->

3-13239 npR3Ri ’

^Mfar

'; jam n^n mo'Diin oih

&& mi my mown m

,’car s

1

laiiuiiiil' aiKMa^n

t/>

jm

\ U

Michal Shalev

ONE HUNDRED WINTERS

iDillOWP ill IDO

tonjoi >?) Nrao - pro Thro toft

© Hebrew Rights Reserved by
Zmora-Bitan, Publishers
P.O.B. 4020 Ganei-Aviv — Lod, 71110
Printed in Israel, 2001

.rain 1 ? .oftpn 1 ? fl)fi .pron 1 ? .tort px
t 3 i^im^ ( m 7 m 3 pn^
to ir to ,’irap 1 ?!! ot team frita
nt 1303 Wsi nm Kinu? no ton nnoa mm tf\
.Viona 3033 iron mro sto atom nos tj*fj

.ium 'n m® ’tw\ to tmira’ tot rat mo onto to idmjid mi 2?8 TO ora

2001 raw rawi 1 ? 7 m nsi ison

niiw trass iron ©

■raft mm .pmmaft

o"i!3 vsVn ,©.n :nrft rasn

hr 1 ? dwb .pratrai ftwaa wi ttpo

71293 ,lft ’3131 n"R ,11 1103 3 1 ? '117

2001 / row toiira 037 i

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

ET

; * - V

FD-542 (Rev. 11-02-1999)

ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED
HEBE IN IS UNCLASSIFIED EXCEPT
WHERE SHOOT OTHERWISE

SjSSgEX-

DATE; 09-00-2010

CLASSIFIED BY UC60322LP/PLJ/CC FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

PEAS OH: 1.4 (c)

DECLASSIFY OH: 09-08-2035

To : Newark

Date: 10/04/2002

(S)

From: Newark

C-9

Contact :

Approved By
Drafted By:

-It

Title: (S)

Synopsis

TWIN TOWERS

Statistical accomplihment ,

Jfcauiwv'iudw Pruau^i*

he

hi C

CS'f 1

J (Pending)

(

hi

3

Details: ZCnterview conducted per FBIHQ request on 9/10/02.

' — / \

ALL INFO 1
HEREIN'

_._/A!NED"

ISJiNeCftSSIFIED EXCEPT

OWN otherwise.

/ "IT? <5 j' A o L £

Re:

Newark Prom: Newark

(S)

10/04/2002

bl

Accomplishment Information:

Number: 1

Type: INTERVIEW OF SUBJECT (CONTACT & ESPIONAGE)

ITU: AGENT INTERVIEW

Claimed By:

SSN :

Name :

Squad: C9

be

b7C

~S

2

To : Newark 'From- Wpwa rV

Re: (S)‘ j 10/04/2002

LEAD ( s ) :

Set Lead 1: (Adm)

NEWARK

AT NEWARK

Read/ clear

♦♦

(Rev. 08-28-2000)

DATE: 09-08-2010

To : Counterintelligence

Date: 10/29/2002

Attn: SSA |

Room 4066

CD-2C

F rom:^" Newark

Contact: SA

Approved By^
Drafted By:

ase ID #

Title

Synopsis : Cjo provide Counterintelligence with c opies of the
photos found in the vehicle of | DOB at

Mercer County Airport on 10/3 0/2001 .J

Enclosure (s) : (Enclosed for Counteri ntelligence ar e nine color
photographs taken from the camera of | | during his

detention at Mercer County Airport, Ewing Township, NJ on
10/30/2001]

Details : [The photos developed at the FBI laboratory depict
highway shots of various locations in NJ. One photo shows the
view from Route 1 traveling North crossing the Delaware River
from Pennsylvania to New Jersey at Trenton, NJ. These photos are
being submitted for any action deemed appropriate^ If&j

^n 10/30/2001 the Mercer County Sheriff's Office
contacted the Trenton RA and advised that they an Israeli
national in custody, acting suspiciously. This individual was
driving a vehicle , a white 1997 MITSUBISHI truck whi'rh wag
register ed to the |

Ca . | | had an Israeli passport #| | and there were

receipts in the vehicle showing that he paid a toll near the
FEDE RAL AV IATION ADMINISTRATION CENTER at Pomona, NJ that same
day. I | could not provide an adequate explanation as to what he
was doing that day. | | was making deliveries of framed art work

which was a direct violation of his B1/B2 visa. U.S. Immigration
and Naturalization personnel on scene that day refused to take
I I into custody for this violation. I I was charged with ^ ^

driving with an invalid drivers license, issued a summons and//s<

^M^gSIFYQN: — -

2

rii

DATE: 09-08-2010 i
(Rev. 01-31-2003) CLASSIFIED BY Uc|
REAS OH: 1.4 [c]

tLP/PL.J/CC

DECLASSIFY ON: 09-08-2035

To : Newark

From: Newark

TRA

Contact: SAf

Attn:

Date: 04/23/2003

Approved By:
Drafted By:

Case ID # :

■ ) Title:

TWIN TOWERS:

T Pending)

Synopsis: To report on the update of the charges against

four Israeli nationals arrested by the Mt. Holly Police
Department on 08/14-15/2001.

(U) • D gfl - g^ ' s -' j i: ^

Enclosure (s) : 'TAj/ Enclosed in a 1A envelope are four
photographs depicting the four Israeli nationals arrested by the
Mt . Holly Police Department on 08/14-15/2001 and a floppy disk
containing same. A 1A envelope containing an NCIC printout for
the individuals listed below.

Details : On 04/18/2003 Mt .

Holly PolieeDepartment was contacted and interviewed regarding
the status of the prosecution against four Israeli nationals
arres ted by his de partment and previously reported under this
file. | | provided arrest photos of these individuals and
a floppy gisjc containing the photos.

J&k According to| < all four

subjects were x charged with possess ion of stolen p rop erty, overdu e
rental trucks . The charcres aaainst I I DOB I I

Wa SZ3 ifJY

iwalrl^i

U3> o

Re: (S)

04 / 23/2003

DOB

am

dL

1

DOB I were

explained that since they were

dismissed.

arrested during two separate incidents the cases were assigned to

different prosecutors. This would explain why all the cases were
not dismissed. A review of attached NCIC printouts for these

individuals s

hat there is an outstanding warrant for only

This information is being submitted for any action
deemed appropriate.

7-1 (Rev.'5-I3-99)

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

DATE: 09-08-2010 WASHINGTON, D. C. 20535 ALL iwfqrhatiqh contained

CLASSIFIED BY UC60322LP/PLJ/CC HEREIN IS UNCLASSIFIED EXCEPT

PEAS ON: 1.4 (c) ‘ WHERE SHOOT OTHERWISE

DECLASSIFY ON: 09-68-2035

Counterintelligence
CD-2C- Room 4066
SA

be

b7C

Date: September 26, 2002

Reference: Communication dated September 24, 2002

Your No.:

Title:

(SI

Date specimens received: September 24, 2002

Specimens:

The items listed below were examined in the Questioned Documents Unit:
V vXWqI Notebook (Your JRJ13Y)

Q1.1-Q1.6 Lined sheets bearing handwriting (Your JRJ13Y)

, ,\<^BeT TVbd ' FrbM!
fU Yif) DtLtoifr0ji..x t

Enclosures (9)
Page 1 of 2

This Report is Furnished for Official Use Only

This report contains the results of the questioned document examinations.

Results of Examinations:

W J^The presence of overwriting, the limited nature of the text, and the limited amount
of comparable writing prevents a definite reading of the beginning of the text on the bottom
of Q 1.3 (_ooM NY). Nor could it be determined whether the same writer(s) prepared the text
throughout the Q1 notebook. However, it should be.noted that one “B” letter formation was
found on Q1.5 that appears similar to the indecipherable text on Q1.3. Five (5) printed
enlargements of this portion of writing are enclosed for your investigative assistance.

j/if) Indented writing was observed on Q1.2. Two (2) copies of this text are enclosed
for your investigative assistance. No indented writing was observed on Q 1.3.

Remarks:

Digital images of Q1.3 through Q1.6 have been recorded. Specimens Ql.l
through Q 1.6 are enclosed herewith.

Questioned Docu ments Unit

b6

b7C

( Ii\ (S/ Dorivod ' PreihrG*^

VJ7 $)©eeferssify*eiT^l

Page 2 of 2
020924003 LV

DATE: 09-10-2010

FBI 'I UFO.

CLASSIFIED BY UC60322LP/PLJ/CC
IJJEASON: 1.4 ( b , c , d ) ‘ , '

DECLASSIFY OH: 09-10-2035’ *

ALL INFORMATION COHTAIHED
HERE II IS UUCLASSIFIED EXCEPT
WHERE SHOW OTHERWISE

U.S. Department of Justice

Federal Bureau of Investigation

In Reply. Please Refer to
File No.f

%

Newark, New Jersey 07101
July 10, 2003

(S)

\- TWIN TOWERS

WERS /

£j

bl

This document is classified "S]3p6^T/ORCON/NOFOKN" ■ in -*-
it O' oirfcijaafaj* unless otherwise marked. (U)

Closing investigative memorandum relative to the
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) , Newark Division, Full
Field investigation initiated September 14, 2001, surrounding b,b
circumstances indicating that five (5) Israeli Nationals
identified a s I

and I | detained in conjunction with the

PENTTBOMB, MAJOR CASE 182, investigation, had videotaped the ;
9/11/01, terrorist attack on the Twin Towers and may have
possessed foreknowledge of the same. (Note: Newark's initial

investigation of the five Israeli Nationals was conducted under ~
the authority of the PENTTBOM investigation. Captioned
investigation was initiated after the criminal investigation
indicated a possible/undefined intelligence affiliation with an
Israeli Intelligence Service . ^

— — -“ttewarir iiTvesIrigatioTr ■■furord-ricr ^^fa'ctruai“~or — su'bstarrtxve - l

circumstantial information to corroborate eyewitness accounts the
five (5) Israeli Nationals "videotaped" the attacks on the Twin
Towers of the World Trade Center. Investigation did find that
still photographs were taken of the attack by these individuals
with a 35 mm camera found in their possession.

Newark investigation found no factual or substantive
circumstantial information to indicate the five (5) Israeli
Nationals were on top of a parking garage "videotaping" prior to
first hijacked aircraft striking tower #2 of the World Trade
Center. Numerous circumstantial facts strongly support the five
(5) individuals statements they traveled to the roof of the
parking garage after learning of the attacks from radio
broadcasts and Interne-t -newsg=s4 rfces . None of the pictures^(^

$

"8

CO

©

CO

This document contains neither recommendations nor conclusions of the FBI.
FBI and is loane(J^to your agency; it and its) Contents |

It is the property of the

bl

ID

SE^lT/ORCON/NOFORN

TWIN TOWERS

developed from the film found inside the 35 mm camera depicted
the twin towers prior to the attack. (to

Physical evidence found in the possession of the five
(5) Israeli Nationals in conjunction with statements made by them
during numerous interviews over several months indicates that

Specifically,

admitted to

)einq employed by the"

and further admitted attending a

I advised during an additional interview

ne was selected ov tne I I to attend a

fo r employees wor king out side the
country of Isr ael. He advised hi s | |for the |

~| was in Statements by

associates corroborated this fact but also revealed that | may

have also been stationed in other countries as well. / jsT ewark' s
investiga tion found no factual evidence to suggest that | |

I was operatin g in an overt or c overt capacity inside the
United States for thef I Furtherm ore, Newark found

no basis to even remotely suggest was in the

possession of prior knowledgo^rel^ting to the attacks on the
World Trade Center of 9/ll/0l4^jf

However, Newar k ' s inve stiga tion found no thi ng t o s ugges t | Wv

acted in such a cap acity whi le in the United States
Physical evidence as well as I [ stateme nts to Special Ag ents

of the FBI corroborated Newark's belief that I was

working for the Israeli Government through his employment at the

"[offered no in fo rmation to

suggest that of or

tasked to perform anv overt or covert clandestin e function in the

Untied States.-. Newark found no basis to suggest

was in possession of or had any prior knowledgejrelating to the
attacks on the World Trade Center of 9/11/01.

physical evidence alo ng with statements by I
revealed an association between! I

2

secret/ orcon/noforn

- TWIN TOWERS

*]&)

More specifically, | never fully revealed to the

satisfaction of interviewing agents, how hand written telephone
numbers found in his personal notebook j ust happened to be
| | In lite of the

seriousness of Newark's investigation, and considering the
totality of mounting circumstantial evidence indicating either
direct or indirect links between the Five (5) Israeli Nationals

| Newark found no basis to suggest

~l was in possession of or had any prior knowledge relating
to the attacks on the World Trade Center of 9/ll/0l7|/%A

was at first the least

cooperative of the Five (5) individuals, but later gave a full
accounting of his travel and acti vities w hile in the United L ‘

States. Information provided by corroborated statements

made by his associates, further srrengcnening the position there
was no video camera used on the roof top of parking garage to
make recordings just prior or during the attacks on the twin
towers of the trade center. (to

r A note pad belonging to contained two sets be

of numbers. I nvestigation revealed the overseas telephone number bi<
~| was coincidentally subscribed to by an individual
in South A merica with authentic ties to Islam ic militants in the bl
middle east This number was . v,

later ide ntified as a legitimate oanK account belonging to

friend of who lent him two hundred dollars ($200)71 The

second telephone number once authenticated was according to *FBI
New York , associated with an

advised this phone numoer oeiongea to an individual named

a hashish dealer in the New York metro area. Physical
evidence as well as s tatements b y I ~| and the other four ( 4 ) .

individuals confirmed recreational drug use of mostly lufcsPf/

3

a *

S^J^ET/ORCON/NOFORN

(S)

h TWIN TOWERS

%

hi

marijuana. Newar k believes f

individuals found

affiliation with

was for the purchase of small

quantities of illegal drugs . Newark's investigation ruled out a

be

b7C

nexus between

and the individual in South America,

along

with circumstantial ties to the individuals connected to FBI New

No articulate facts

York' s

were found to demonstrate that E

] was

in

possession of or had any prior knowledge relating to the attacks
on the World Trade Center of 9/11/01. {Ud

Newark's inquiry into

concentrated on his

travel in the United States, along with his use of a German
passport he l egally a cquired from the German Embassy in Israel.
Statements by corroborated information provided by his

associates, and further strengthened the facts supporting the
position there was no video camera used on the roof top of
parking garage to make recordings just prior or during the
attacks on the World Trade Center. Newark found no basis to
suggest [

b6

b7C

was in possession of or had any prior

knowledge relating to the attacks on the World Trade Center of
9/11/01

¥)

Background to the investigation: fr6/0C/NF)

GO

On September 11, 2001, numerous complaints received by
FBI-NK revealed that several individuals had been observed
celebrating following the initial crash of an aircraft into the
Twin Towers. T-l, a resident of Union City, NJ, advised that at

.appro x imai-ely . 9 nejLghbjo_r_,„T - 2_, cal led .T-l,_on. the .

telephone to tell T-l that T-2 saw smoke coming from the WTC. In
order to see the WTC more closely, T-l used 7x33mm (likely
7x35mm) power binoculars to view the scene from the rear window
of T-l's apartment. While looking in the direction of the World
Trade Center (WTC), T-l observed three (3) males kneeling on the
roof of a white van located in the rear parking lot of T-l's
apartment complex. .It appeared as though they noticed T-l as
well. fS^OC/NF) fm

T-l described the males as white, mid-twenties, no
facial hair, no glasses, "clean-cut," no hats, all wearing short
sleeves, with lean builds. Other identifying data was also
provided. T-l described the white van as a "box"-style van which

4

3T/0RC0N/N0F0KN

- TWIN TOWERS

■J&)

had no windows on the sicte; it reminded T-l of a telephone
company van. f&/OC/NF)HA \

According to T-l, one of the males appeared to be
taking still photographs and video of the other males with the
WTC in the background. All of the males appeared to be jovial in
that they smiled, hugged one another, and gave "high fives."

(See attached photos) . As the vehicle later left that area, T-l
recorded the license plate as JRJ-13Y. Later that day when T-l's
spouse returned home, T-l provided the police with the
information pertaining to the males. tS^OC/NF) f

Another complaint received by FBI-NK revealed a second
eyewitness who reported having observed a white van in the same
parking lot as described by T-l. This eyewitness, however,
observed the van in the parking lot as early as 8:00am on the
morning of the explosions at WTC. (S/OC/N'FjllA^

A third complainant later reported having seen, on
September 11, 2001 (time not noted) , a "big, white, model 2000
Chevrolet van, or possibly panel truck or U-Haul truck, bearing
the words "Urban Movers" in black lettering along the side. The
vehicle was observed in the Liberty State Park' s Marine Terminal
in Jersey Cit^, NJ, located across the Hudson River from WTC.
(.S^OC/NF) (U \

Pursuant to this information. East Rut'herford, NJ
police authorities stopped an Urban Moving Systems van at a pre-

po s itioned roadblock. The van , occup ied by males simi la r to

those described by witnesses, was traveling eastbound along State
Route 3 in New Jersey. Following the stop, the police detained
five (5) individuals, all believed to be Israeli Nationals, on
the grounds that they may have possessed information pertaining
to the WTC explosions . The matter was later forwarded to FBI-NK
for further investigation. The individuals were detained for
questioning and later held for violations of their immigration
status. ^&i40C/NF) f 1 \

A search of the van and individuals was conducted at
the time of the vehicle stop. The vehicle was also searched by a
trained bomb-sniffing dog which yielded a positive result for the
presence of explosive traces. Swabs of the vehicle's interior (“3

rr.:

/ ORCON/NOFORN

- TWIN TOWERS

3K>

were taken, and those samples were sent to the crime laboratory
for further analysis. ^OC/NF)/yQ

Seizure of the individuals' property yielded the
following: a 35mm camera, several personal telephone-style

notebooks, back packs, airline tickets with immediate travel
dates for destinations world-wide, Israeli passports (in some
case, expired) , a German passport, and thousands of dollars of
cash. Student identification cards later believed to be false
were also found. Oddly, equipment typically used in a moving
company's daily duties was not found, including work gloves,
blankets, straps, ropes, boxes, dollies, rollers, etc. Also not
found was the video camera that T-l observed at least one of the
males using to film the explosion at WTC. f&/OC/NF)

The five (5) detained Israeli National s,!

| and I

were interviewed subject to tne iimitea scope of determining
whether a video camera had been used, and, if so, where the video
camera was to be located now. The results of the individual
interviews yielded a wide array of discrepancies with respect to
the whereabouts of each of the individuals as it applied to time
period of the attack on the WTC. 4S^0C/N-F)/(J^ j

advised interviewing agents that after
having arrived at his workplace, Urban Moving Systems, located at
3 18th Street, Weehawken, NJ, around 8:00 am, September 11, 2001,
he received a telephone call informing him that the first

-jexpd.as.ir).n. .ha.d-Qacur.re.ci. _[Ho.t.e.: t l te__£frjsj:. axplosi on. actua 1 1 y

occurred at 8:45am that morning.] I I and his. | K NFI)

got into a company van and depar ted the w orkplace for a Gulf
gasoline service station. Then, | in the company of his

friends, traveled to another location m order to take
photographs of the WTC. •f&/'OC/NF)^\A^

also stated that he arrive d at wor k
(Urban Mo ving Systems) around 8:00am . Later, after | told

about the explosion at WTC, looked on the

Internet and went to the roo f of the b uilding to observe the WTC

and take photographs. Then, and friends (NFI) left the

office and were caught in heavy traffic. Sometime between 10:00
am and Noon and while attempting to return to their office, (to

bl

to an

and his friends (NFI) stopped at a parking lot (adjacent-
apartment building) to take more photographs . (“S^OC/NF'fLA J

Jo6

b7C

stated to one of the police officers after
his arrest that tne initial explosion occurred while he and the
others were on the West Side Highway (Route 9A in New York City)
traveli ng northbound toward the entrance of the Lincoln Tunnel.

I I later informed FBI-NK that he had arrived at work around

8:20 am, and only learned of the cra sh into the W TC from a co-
got into a

worker.

and

company van ( the one th ey had used to travel from their

residences in | NY to Weehawken, NJ) and traveled to a

nearby parking lot to observe the WTC and take photographs.

were at the parking lot for

and

approximately 10 minutes, sometime between 8:30 am and 9:00 artu \
but returned to Urban Moving Systems before 9:00 am. ■f&^OC/NF*) ^ V A y

Film obtained from the 35mm camera of one of the
detainees was later developed and pro cess ed by FB I-NK. The

photos depict [

andC

] located at an

observation point later determined to be the parking lot adjacent
to the Doric Tower apartments located at 100 Manhattan Avenue in
Union City, NJ. The three (3) Israelis, sitting together on top
of a white van, are visibly smiling on at least three (3) of the
photographs . 4S/OC-/-NF)/

The photographs also revealed that all five (5)

Israelis later observed the WTC burning from a location bn top of
. the roof o f an Urba n Movin g Sy s te ms wareh ous e locat ed adjacent jto
the Urban Moving Systems office location described herein.

4^0C/NF)'fVj- }

At this point, more interviews were conducted to verify
the accuracy of their statements, as well as obtain any
additional information concerning the video camera that was
allegedly used by th e Israelis. One such interviewee, T-3,

be

b7C

claimed to have seen
afternoon prior to September 11, 2 U U 1 . According to T-3,

lin the Doric Towers on the

be

-b7C

rode the elevator with T-3 and another, unidentified,
Spanish-speaking male whom T-3 observed exiting the elevator on
Floor 3. T-3 ob served I l exiting the elevator on Floor 9.

Oddly,

|had identified himself, to the Spanish-speaking

ri-j

SEC*ET/ORCON/NOFORN

TWIN TOWERS

3 &>

male, as a "construction worker" working in the build ing until

7:00 pm that night. [Note: T-3 identified from a photo

lineup comprised only of the photographs of the five detained
Israelis-. ] (u^

T-l , the source of the original information pertaining
to the Israeli males, was re-interviewed at a later date. T-l
confirmed for interviewing agents that it was a video recording
device, rather than a still camera, that the Israelis had used in
filming the WTC from atop the van. In fact, T-l recalled quite
clearly that the camera was a small, hand-held unit, with a
Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) screen which folded out and could be
used in "panning." 4*/~OC/NF)fj^ \

In the early phases of the investigation, several other
complaints surfaced concerning trucks and/or vans belonging to
Urban Moving Systems that had been sighted in locations of
significance with respect to the overall investigation of the
hijacked flights on September 11, 2001. For instance, two (2)
complaints were received which indicated that Urban Moving
Systems vehicles had been spotted in the greater Boston, MA
metropolitan area, one in Plymouth, MA and one in Nashua, NH.
Additionally, an Urban Moving Systems truck (traveling westbound)
had been stopped on September 10, 2001, near Montoursville, PA.

At the time of th e v ehicle stop , the driver and passenger,

land I \ were identified as Israeli

Nationals . Later, the same truck was stopped on September .12* v
2001 while traveling eastbound toward New Jersey. X&/OC/Nf( y(L )

On 09/17/OlYl ~ I was interviewed and given

FBI Philadelphia noted that

upon New ark's se izure of documents obtained from t he Pensk e truck
in which r I was d riving, a second interview of| | was

conducted. | [ statements to Philadelphia agents in

conjunction with evidence taken from the Penske truck lead agents
to believe that he most likely was truthful. Philadelphia
concluded that he most likely was not directed! ' fiLl/i

tr tr

r_ij

'S^C^ET/ORCON/NOFORN

- TWIN TOWERS

I ~| and did not have any prior

knowledge of the attacks that occurred on 09/11/01. 09

On 09/17/01, a polygraph exa minatio n of I was

I A follow-up interview of I I on 09/21/01 was

conducted alo ng with a second polygraph which indicated he showe d
Again, the Philadelphia agents opined that l I

1

and did not have any prior knowledge of the terrorist attacks
that occurred on 09/11/01

Based primarily on the inconsistencies found in the
statements of the five (5) detained Israelis, and the interviews

conducted of T-l and other tenants of the Doric Towers I

| anar±ioari± | s,^’BI-NK condu cted polygraphs of I land

on the issue ofl '

1 | y^ 0C./NF)'<

Based upon the aforementioned facts, FBI-NK then
obtained a search warrant for a search of the offices of Urban
Moving Systems in Weehawken, NJ. The search, conducted on
September 13, 2001, rtiet with negative results concerning a video
camera . f^OC/NF)f”W )

At this point in the PENTTBOM investigation. Agents of
FBI-NK' s Foreign Counterintelligence (FCI) squad were consulted

fox ..tJi.e.._f axsjt . tixie_CiDXg-e.x nino..ff_e ...I_s xae-l.i.s ^—Jiased upo n the . odd

circumstances surrounding | and I I denials and

deception over the alleged usage of a video camera the Israelis,
and the noticeably positive reaction demonstrated bv the? Israeli
detainees to the explosion^. at WTC, th^j

§£70C/NF)

1. Did the Israeli nationals have foreknowledge of the
W events at WTC and were they filming the events prior to
and in anticipation of the explosion? f£/OC/NF)

< I

(S)

IU)

IU)

(S)

's^P^T/ORCON/NOFORN

- TWIN TOWERS~j

bl

revealed

r.rVi -i (2h fll

two references
rther identified
J^OC/NF)

to a

born

as a

.n

bo

b7C

Based on information provided by the Miami Division,
Newark initially detained and interviewed four (4) employees of
Classic International Movers, a New Jersey-based moving company
which was believed by Miami to have been utilized as a mover by
one of the nineteen (19) alleged hijackers involved in the
terrorist attacks. All four det ained employees, were ident ified

as Israeli nationals, who
recently entered the U.S.
America. ^OC /NF )

had

from various locations in South

and

born

One of them, |

visibly disturbed by tne Agents questioning regarding his
personal e-mail account . I

was

bl

be

b7C

classic international

Of note is that the telephone number tor
‘Movers also appeared in one of the
aforementioned notebooks seized from the five (5) Israelis
already held in detention by FBI-NK. (JfS/OC/NF)

FBI-NK then conducted polygraphs of

| to determine whether either possessed prior
knowledge of the attack on the WTC. Not surprisingly, r

and

be

b7C

who was not even present when t he initial photographs were ta ken

from the apartment parking lot,
was present in the parking lot,
‘ ^ • — i x ^oc7nf[ i

who

(S)

TheV

based upon witness incerview
the det ainees themselves, and bv ot her inde pendent investigation,

I then attempted to det ermine, vSy
■statements, the statements made/p^

bl

Jo 6
b7C

whether
apartmerlt parking ldt van
at the WTC. *&/~OC/NF) "

vanra

and

could have been at the

ge pAint prior to the first explosion

FBI-NK obtained witness statements and a gasoline
receipt from the Gulf service station where the Israelis had
purchased gasoline on September 11. Investigation determined
that the Israelis purchased gasoline at approximately 2:14 pm, (u)

12

r J~d

¥ t)

sej^nst/ orcon/noforn

- TWIN TOWERS

which was subsequently corroborated by reviewing the photographs
taken b y the Is raelis (themselves) that day. One such photograph

depicts using a squeegee to clean the windows of an Urban

Moving Systems vehicle. Because the picture is chronologically
one of the last taken that day, the gasoline had r to have been
purchased after the attack on the WTC. (-S-fOC/NTT)' j

A review of EZ-Pass records provided little by way of
determining the exact location of the Israeli's vehicle (white
van) during the actual time of the attack. According to EZ-Pass,
the Urban Moving Systems van used by the Israelis to travel from
Brooklyn, NY (location of their residences) to Weehawken, NJ on
the morning of September 11, 2001 passed through the Brooklyn, NY
entrance to the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel at 7:48 am. fSr^OC/NFjj \

FBI-NK obtained the videotape of a local news
helicopter crew which provided footage of the explosion beginning
just minutes after the initial impact of the aircraft into the
North Tower (Tower #1) of the WTC. A comparison of this
videotape with the still photographs taken by the Israelis
implied that the Israelis photographs were taken closer in time
to the explosion of Tower #2 (South Tower) than to the initial
impact into Tower #1. This comparison, albeit non-scientif ic,
corroborated the three Israelis' claim that they departed Urban
Moving Systems for the parking lot observation point after
hearing of the initial explosion. (u)

Liaison with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)

resu lted in F BI-N K obtainin g a dup licate re cord of the _

metropolitan New York Air Traffic Control radar traffic records
for the morning of September 11, 2001. By way of background, one
of the earliest photographs taken by the Israelis from the
parking lot observation point shows what is believed to be a
local news helicopter hovering over the Hudson River between the
parking lot and the WTC (this helicopter appeared in the
foreground of the third photograph ' taken) . The FAA's radar
traffic records identify a helicopter, belonging to a local radio
station AM 880, slowly traveling in a southerly direction down
the Hudson River and then hovering from 8:50 am until 9:03 am,

(the time of the crash into Tower #2) , between Union City and the
WTC on the morning of September 11. Although the results of this
analysis verified that the Israelis were at the parking lot

+ ( I I

SE0JffiT/ORCON/NOFORN

TWIN TOWERS

observation point between 8^Qamand 9:03 am, it did not provide
a precise time. 4^QC/NE^JUpV

According to T-l, it was the call from T-2, who is T-
l's neighbor and close friend, which initially prompted T-l to
look out of the window towards the WTC. It was at that time that
T-l had also observed the Israelis atop the white van. Since T-l
believed that T-2 ' s call came immediately after the first
explosion at the WTC, FBI-NK attempted to obtain the toll records
of T-2 1 s residential telphone with a view toward determining the
exact time of T-2 ' s call. Unfortunately, electronic records of
local calls such as that are not maintained by the local
telephone service provider; thus, no electronic "time stamp"
verifying T-l's observation of the Israelis could be obtained.
t&ADC/NF)( ^ )

An interview of T-5,

Systems, revealed that upon "clocking in'

at Urban Moving
: work at 8:58 am on

lisoatch are a of the
I was also

and in the local dispatch are a of the

company. I was Oh the Internet, ! I was also

present. Unfortunately, a second interview of T-5 was not
conducted with the intent of verifying T-5's earlier statements.
Instead, the interview produced only additional background on
Urban Moving Systems. frS^OC/NFjf )

d onl\

<VA)

I had advised FBI-NK in a

follow-up interview that he had called I I while traveling

from the office location to the parking lot ' observation point
(100 Man hattan Avenue, Doric Towers), to inform him of their

and the others) having left the office. | 1 authorized

their departure and noted that he himself was' on his wav to the

office a nd expected to arrive there with in a minute.

| | may, thus, corroborate statements with respect

to the apprpximate time when they were at the parking lot.
jU/OC/NF)' ty)

* V l f

SEOJSET/ORCON/NOFORN

TWIN TOWERS

“JCp

On Wednesday, September 21, 2001, all five (5) of the
Israelis were re-interviewed by FBI-NK and FBI-NYO agents with

X/OC/NF)

Two (2) of the five (5) Israelis were polygraphe d with
respect to prior knowledge of the - attack on the WTC. Both I
landP ^ who had I

ICIHE

181

sraelis

exciuamg

were give

| | advised that in past convers ation with

had informed him of having been the I

l iansia

up interrogation of|_
broke-down and statec

bv the polygraph examiner.

Follow -up interviews b y Special Agents from FBI New t
York of | ] and revealed no new significant facts KAA

(S)

■a < * H

E^ET

SEQJIET/ORCON/NOFORN

I- TWIN TOWERS

9®

'bl

rel ative to the issue s under investigation by Newark, Both|
andl I statements were consistent with those maae

in previous interviews. (U)

In a letter dated 9/25/Pl, from Newark Spec ial Agent in
Charge to| | U.S.

Immigration and Naturalization Service, y/0 Broad Street, Newark,
NJ, Newark advised the FBI no longer had any investigative
interests in the five (5) detainees. Newark further advised in
this letter to INS to proceed with the appropriate immigration
proceedings . la}

be

b7C

b6

b7C

On or about 11/20/2001, all five (5) of the Israeli
Nationals held in detention under authority of the United States
Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) were served a
deportation order, then discharged from the INS detention
facility in Brooklyn, New York, and escorted by INS personnel to
J.F.K. International Airport for a flight to Tel Aviv, Israel.

On 07/10/2003 Newark investigation was completed and

closed.

^ ^Sfe^ET/ORCON/NOFORN ^

To: Cou nterintelligence From: Newark

| 07/10/2003

Re: (Sf

bl

.igation.

Synopsis : To advise CD-2C of final results of

investigation.

(U) Full Field Investigation Instituted: 09/14/2001

Administrative: (U)> Upon dissemination of this communication,
all outstanding leads set for CD-2C and the Laboratory Division
shall be discontinued by Newark in ACS.

(\>W

/’©ey-N-F')- For purposes of the enclosed Letterhead
Memorancttifo (LHM) , the following symbols were utilized:

,: 0C/NF) -T-l is

(•S^OC/NF)"' T-2 is

^V^f!ft/0C/-NF)' T-3

b6

b7C

IS

'T&^C/NF) T-4 is

(-&/-©c/-nf).

T-5 is

Referral /Consult

b6

b7C

Details: (S/OC/NF)

memorandum relative

Newark provides the closing investigative
to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) ,
Newark Division, Full Field investigation initiated September 14,
2001, surrounding circu mstances indicating that five (5) Is raeli
Nationals identified as | , , ~l

1

and

detained in conjunction
with the penttbomb, MAJOR CASE 182, investigation, had videotaped
the 9/11/01, terrorist attack on the Twin Towers and may have
possessed foreknowledge of the same.

(•Ss/OC/NE) Newark investigation found no factual or
substantive circumstantial information to corroborate eyewitness
accounts the five (5) Israeli Nationals "videotaped" the attacks
on the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center. Investigation did
find that still photographs were taken of the attack by these
individuals with a 35 mm camera found in their possession.

be

b7C

4 OC/NF) Newark investigation found no factual or
substantive circumstantial information to indicate the five (5)
Israeli Nationals were on top of a parking garage "videotaping"
prior to first hijacked aircraft striking tower #2 of the World

SE^^T/ORCON/NOFORN

Re:

SEC^T/ORCON/NOFORN
Cou nterintelligence— From: Newark

(S)

3

07/10/2003

bl

Trade Center. Numerous circumstantial facts strongly support the
five (5) individuals statements they traveled to the roof of the
parking garage after learning of the attacks from radio
broadcasts and Internet news sites. None of the pictures
developed from the film found inside the 35 mm camera depicted
the twin towers prior to the attack.

(_<>•))(/ OC/NF) Physical evidence found in the possession of the
five (5) Israeli Nationals in conjunction with statements mad e by

i i

(U)

(S)

(S)

1 hi Soecificallv, 1 1 admitted to oemcr employed

bv then

advised durinq’an additional interview he was selected

by the|

1 to|

Iworkincr outside the country ot

i sraa i hg. anvi sp.n i

Statements bv

“1 ■ 1

I associates

corroborated this tael

: but also revealed

4- - . 1 1

[may have also

investiga tion found no factual evidence to suggest that I I

was operating in an overt or covert capacity inside the
United States for the "Jewish Age ncy". Furtherm ore, Newark found
no basis to even remotely suggest
possession of prior knowledge.

World Trade Center of 9/11/01

was in the

lating to the attacks on the

i-re iati

2S&4

however, Newark's investigation round notnmq suggest:
acted in such a
evidence as well

as

fnysicai

of the FBI corroborated Newark's belief that [

~\ stateme nts to Special

isgpTts
] was

suggest that f

1

offered no information to

was an

1

Newark found no basis to suggest

was in possession of or had any prior knowledge relating to the
attacks on the World Trade Center of 9/11/01.

Ig^ OC/NF) Physical evidence along with statements by
revealed an association between

T/ORCON/NOFORN

bl

b6

b7C

| hi

b6

fc- 1

States. 1 b7c

3

bl

b6

b7C

^S^R^T/ORCON/NOFORN

To : Counter Intel 1 i nsncft.

Re: (S)

\

Q From: Newark

07/10/2003

bl

(Si

tit

(S)

(Si

(Si

J More specifically,

never fully revealed to the

satisfaction of interviewing agents, how hand written telephone
numbers found in his personal notebook just happened to be

In lite of the

bl

■b6

b7C

seriousness of Newark's investigation, and considering the
totality of mounting circumstantial evidence indicating either
direct or indirect links between the Five (5) Israeli Nationals

Newark found no basis to suggest!

| WAS ift pdSSfeSSldh 01 or had any prior knowledge relating
to the attacks on the World Trade Center of 9/11/01.

4S/0.C/N-F) - [

1

was at
individuals, but

first

later

the least
gave a full

cooperative of the Five (5)

accounting of his travel and act ivities w hile in the United
States. Information provided by I I corroborated statements

made by his associates, further strengthening the position there
was no video camera used on the roof top of parking garage to
make recordings just prior or during the attacks on the Twin
Towers of the World Trade Center.

bo

b7C

A note pad belonging to

contained

Investiga tion revealed the overseas

telephone number | | was coincidentally subscribed to

by an individual in South Am erica with authentic ties to Islam ic

a legitimate oanK account:
who lent him two hundred

militants in the middle east
This number was later id entified as '
belonging to a_ friend of
dollars ($200)1 The second telephone number once authentica ted
was accordinef^to FBI New York, associated with an

bl

bto

b7C

belonged to an individual named

New Yor

1 advise^ this phone number

a hashish dealer in the

Physical evidence as well as statements by

□

K metro area,
and the other four (4) individuals confirmed [

recreation al drug use of mostly marijuana. Newark believes
affiliation with individuals found

the purchase of small quantities of ill egal drug s. Newark
investigation ruled out a nexus between I land the

was

for

secret/ orcon/noforn

4

SEjQRET/ORCON/NOFORN

To: Coun terintellj rronrv* From? Newark

Re s : (S)

07/10/2003

bl

dividual in South America, along with cir cumstantial ties to
the individual^ connected to FBI New York's I

No articulate facts were found to demonstrate

mat

was in possession of or had any prior
knowledge relating to the attacks on the World Trade Center of
9/11/01.

(.vA

(•S./0C/NF) Newark's inquiry into£

] concentrated

on Tils travel in the United States, along with his use of a
German passport he leg ally acq uired from the German Embassy in
Israel. Statements by | [corroborated information provided

by his associates, and further strengthened the facts supporting
the position there was no video camera used on the roof top of
parking garage to make recordings just prior or during the
attacks on the World Trade Center. Newark found no basis to
suggest | | was in possession of or had any prior

knowledge relating to the attacks on the World Trade Center of
9/11/01.

OC/.NF)
Squad 1-21 of

Follow-up interviews by SA's from FBI New York's
1 ’ 1 I revealed no new significant

i ,■ j — : -kt -n ^ 4- "U

and

facts re lative to the issu es unaer investigation by Newark. Both

statements were consistent with those

I and

they made in previous interviews .

((£) 4S./0C/NF) In a letter dated 9/25/ 01, from Newark SAC to

□

I I U.S. Immigration and

Naturalization Service, 970 Broad Street, Newark, NJ, Newark
advised the 1 FBI no longer had any investigative interests in the
five (5) detainees. Newark further advised in this letter, to INS
to nrnr.spH wi fh thp immigration proceedings.

lt^"«f«YOC/NF) On or abou£ 11/20/2001, all five (5) of the
ri^raeli Nationals held in detention under authority of the United
States Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) were served a
deportation order, then discharged from the INS detention
facility in Brooklyn, New York, and escorted by INS personnel to
J.F.K., International Airport for a flight to Tel Aviv, Israel.

<pC/NF) In April of 2002 an in-depth analytical inquiry
was initiated by personnel from FBIHQ and other members of the
U.S. Intelligence Community who physically traveled to Newark to
review this case file. Newark was advised the purpose of the
inquiry was to determine if a nexus, if any existed between the
five (5) Israeli Nationals under investigation by Newark to other

S^e^BT/ORCON/NOFOKN

he

hlC

hi

bo

b7C

5

To: Coun terintelligence

Re : (S) I

T/ORCON/NOFORN

From: Newark

07/10/2003

Israeli Nationals fitting a similar "profile" some of whom were
also held in INS detention around the time of 9/11/01. The
analytical inquiry further attempted to determine if these five
(5) individuals were possibly part of clandestine human
intelligence collection network. Newark notes that the findings
of FBIHQ's analytical inquiry are not complete at th e, time of
this writing. Newark su ggests FBIHQ's investigatiorq ~ \

j(be the repository for any fuxcner
investigative nnamgs - relative to suspicious activities or
Israeli Nationals not specifically related to Newark's inquiry.

(U) Investigation at the Newark is complete.

SKORET/ORCON/NOFORN

Re:

LEAD (s) :

Set Lead 1: (Info)

ALL RECEIVING OFFICES

(U) Disseminate information contained herein to
appropriate individuals within your office.

♦♦

S^«5T/ORCON/NOFORN

P.nii nl-pri ntpl 1 i npnra.

(.sin

□

From: Newark

07 / 10/2003

bl

SEC^T/ORCON/NOFORN

ri"i

(Rev. 01-31-2003)

DATE : 09-09-2010

CLASSIFIED BY ■S&322LP/PLJ/CC
PEAS OH: 1.4

DECLASSIFY OH: 09-09-2035

ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED
HERE II IS UNCLASSIFIED EXCEP'
WHERE SHOOT OTHERWISE

SB^RET/NOFORN

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

(S)

S)

Precedenc^r* ROUTINE
To : ^Newark
From: Newark

Attn:

Date: 04/14/2004

Evidence Control Center

b6

b7C

-j-uii ujl e

-g — > ■

' P^se3»af&s d “ & y*- Qii 201 -

Details: The evidence related to the above-listed

investigation was determined to be of no value to the
PENTTBOMB investigation, but was found to be worthy of a Cl
investigation . Newark 1 s_iCI inquiry TWIN TOWERS was closed in
July of 03, however FBI HQ 1 s )

is st ill pending. Newark is awaiting a summary of j
I 1 to assist us in determining the final disposition of T“

evidence retained by Newark.

-bl

♦♦

ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED
HEREIN IS UNJ£A®IED EXCEPT
WHERE SHOWN OTHERWISE.

(Rev. 01-31-2003)

DATE: 09-10-2010

FBI INFO.

CLASSIFIED BY UC6WRLP/PL
REASON: 1.4 (b,c,d)
DECLASSIFY ON: 09-10-2035

ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED
HEREIN IS UNCLASSIFIED EXCEPT
WHERE SHOWN OTHERWISE

ssit y un: U9-1U-2U35 •

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

Counterterrorism

Attn:

/ f*"

Attn:

/ o_

LU

BuSctf

New York

Attn:

Attn:

Philadelphia

Attn

III

St. Louis

Attn

San Francisco

Attn

ITOS

ssa£

os[_

ECAU

SSA

SSA

SSA

SSA_

SSA

SSA

Date: 04/30/2004

1/ CONUS 1/ Team 3

Room 4944

IT Pakistan Squad
IT Pakistan

Sites: From: Newark

IlljO GMRA2

Contact: I A

Drafted By: |

Case ID #: (!>) 315B-NK-C86934] (Pending) ,

(!3) " 315N-NK-C98832 / (Pending)

(S) (S) I I L^Pending)

(S)

($) (| I MPending)

(S) 1 315B-NK-102595-EL6J (Pending)

Title: ' IT-PAKISTAN

(u: , IT UBL/AL QAEDA

”)

Synopsis : l&T Threat assessm ent :
I SsAn : unknown and I

I 1 SSAN : I "1 ww

| DOB:
DOB:

| www . ant iwar . com .

Administrative: This document contains information obtained
under the authority of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act
(FISA) , 50 U.S.C., Section 1801. Such FISA derived information
shall not be used in any criminal proceeding, including grand

CLASSIFIED BY: j
REASON: \AjSLr
DECIASSSiYON:

<U)

Re:

CounJjert error ism From: Newark

jfekT 315B-NK-C869347T34/30/2004

jury proceedings and warrant affidavits, without the express
written approval of the Attorney General of the United States .
FISA derived information concerning any U.S. Person may not be
disseminated to a foreign government without prior Attorney
General approval.

( T.T ) Enclosure (s) : : .X There are eleven enclosures attached to this

assessment. They are as follows: (1) an untitled Excel

spreadsheet, 22 pages, dated 10/03/2001; (2) a copy of a

document written in Italian with the 22 page FBI Suspect List,
dated 05/22/2002; (3) a Lexis Nexis business summary on

antiwar.com; (4) five news articles downloaded from Lexis Nexis;

(5) three Internet postings.

(U) Details: TjS^An electronic communication from the

Counterterrorism, NTCS/TWWU to all field offices, dated
03/24/2004, advised that the post-9/ll "watch list," "Project
Lookout," was posted on the Internet and may contain the names of
individuals of active’ investigative interest. Different versions
of these lists may be found on the Internet. This assessment was
conducted on the findings discovered on www . antiwar , com .

i i

|T; : While conducting research on the Internet, an

untitled spreadsheet, dated 10/03/2001, was discovered on website
www . antiwar . com under antiwar.com/justin/finnlist.pdf. This
spreadsheet contained names, DOBs, SSANs, addresses and other
^columns. The last column labeled as ID contained numbers which

on 10/03/2001, information was disseminated to all field offices
by the Counterterrorism Unit as Priority on Information Control

Forms (ICF) The names contained on this untitled Excel

spreadsheet |

iU) ^S^The antiwar.com website describes itself as a

sounding board of interest to all who are concerned about U.S.
foreign policy and its implications. It also states that
antiwar.com has become the Internet newspaper of records for a
growing international movement, the central locus of opposition
to a new imperialism that masks its ambitions in the rhetoric of
human rights, humanitarianism, freedom from terror and global
democracy. It also describes itself as a non-profit group that
survives on generous contributions from its readers . The
Managing Editor is listed as Eric Garris, and the Editorial
Director is listed as Justin Raimondo.

b6

b7C

b7E

s:

ET

2

Counterterrorism From: Newark

t^|^15B-NK-C869347| 04/30/2004

&3 A search of the Universal Index (UNI) revealed

A search of UNI revealed

A search of UNI for www.antiwar.com was negative.

A scan o
numerous ddcutnents for
antiwar.com.

) revealed
nd

X) File 65T-HQ-1427774 serial 26, dated 04/14/2004,
from the Counterintelligence Unit CD-4E/11869 to the Washington
Field Office furnished Washington Fla! d with informaHnn wc>rl

by the I

Referral/ Consult

To:
(IJ) Re:

Counterterrorism F^p
J^y315B-NK-C869347i

m : Newark

04/30/2004

(S) t

(U)

(S)

<S)

File 315M-SL-188252 serial 152, dated 11/17/2003 ,

that he was in possession of a

docu ment which was writt en in Italian. This document specified
that | Iwas a suspect on an FBI list. The

document contained
and two previous addressess [

social security numbe r, date of birth

on a list dated 05/22/2002
be found at www.antiwar.com/~iustin/CI-08-02.pdf.

]was listed as

This document can

is a LHM for

(S)

This serial also restated the

(U)

(U)

(U)

on www.antiwar.com.

File

wrote a page

dated 05/21/2002, indicated that
length article reporting on the magnitude and value of American
military and economic assistance to Israel. | | reported in

detail on all types of assistance to Israel citing one of his
sources' of information as www . ant iwar . com .

File

dated

11/13/2002'', regarded a peaceful protest at the main gate of RAF
Fairford, UK, on 11/09/2002. The protesters handed out several
articles during the protest. One article referred to suspected
Israeli spies being held by U.S. authorities since the terrorist
attacks in the U.S. The article was from an Internet web page,
dated 12/12/2001, entitled "Suspected Israeli Spies Held by U-S. 1
An insert at the bottom of the page provided a website,
www . ant iwar . com . where more information could be obtained on the
suspected Israeli spies.

File 100A-PG-67150-302 serial 970, dated
10/03/2002, indicated that during a Western Regional Conference
of the National Alliance Sacramento Unit (NASU) , a member

bl

bl

bl

bo

b7A

b7C

b7A

!RE'

Counterterrorism From: Newark

discussed a website, antiwar.com. This individual told NASU
members to educate themselves about the Middle East conflict .

File 174A-LA-234485 serial 55, dated 11/10/2003,
indicated that on 10/27/2003, a special agent reviewed the
computer hard drives seized durina the investiaation of I

review of two hard drives revealed visits to many websites
between 07/25/2002 and 06/15/2003. One of the websites listed
was antiwar.com.

documented

There are four FISA derived references located at
Newark. They are 315B-NK-102595-EL6 serials 65, 71, 72 and 80.

Counterterrorism From: Newark

IKil

A search of Dun and Brads treet (D&B) revealed that

CSj One business summary was located on D&B listed to
Antiwww Co . , PO Box 575, Big Sur, CA 93920, with no further
information available.

^)§<^A search of Lexis Nexis for antiwar.com revealed a
California fictitious business name for 'antiwar.com, 851 Burlway
Rd., #202, Burlingame, CA 94010. The filing date was 10/23/2000.
The business dpsnrinhinn was 1 i st^d as adv^rti si na-romraitpr with
a contact name of

negative on

A search of telephone number | | the

ph one number posted on www.antiwar.com. is listed to
at I I This telephone number was

negative .

A search of

IS) A DMV (CA) search for

was negative

(Bi) A CCH search for|
($) A D&B search for

m A

A CCH search for was negative.

{ m y i

\ f ($) A D&B search for was negative.

(SW a| jsearch for was negative.

jis\ A | | search for was negative.

\ A search of the News and Business Sec tion located

in LexisHMexis r evealed numerous articles regarding

and www . antiwar . com . Six articles were selectee
tor inclusion in this assessment .

:s* A

| jsearch for

| | search for

vCountpjrt error ism F,
C&f (315B-NK-C86934

From :

jife^ET

: Newark

4/30/2004

l\A) There are numerous websites that comment on the
posting found on www . ant iwar . com . Many individuals harshly
critize Eric Garris and Justin Raimondo for their views. Three
postings were selected to be included in this assessment.

On the Pravada website was posted an article by
Justin Raimondo, "Did Al Qaeda shoot recently released footage of
9/11 WTC attack or was it someone else?"

[dptr On www . ~i dl -nv . ora . a harsh critizism of
www.anti.com was posted that included photographs of Eric Garris
and Justin jaaimondo .

(S? On www . chroniclesmagazine . org , an article by Justin
Raimondo, ^Chronicles Intelligence Assessment - The Terror
Enigma: Israel and the September 11 Connection, " outlined the
activities of the Mossad. It also included information obtained
from a story in the Bergen Record dated 09/12/2002 regarding a
group of Israelis detained by FBI, I fewp .rk. for possible
involvement in the events of 9/11. \(An active investigation was
conducted on the five Isr aeli NationaTs. For a detail ed report j.
of this investigation see P M aPf

(ANALYST COMMENTS: The rights of individuals to post information

and to express personal views on the Internet should be honored
and protected; however, some material that is circulated on the
Internet can compromise current active FBI investigations. The
discovery of two detailed Excel spreadsheets posted on
www . ant iwar . com may not be significant by itself since
distribution of the information on such lists are wide spread.

Many agencies outside of law enforcement have been utilizing this
information to screen their employees. Still, it is unclear
whether www . antiwar . com may only be posting research material
compiled from mutiple sources or if there is material posted that
is singular in nature and not suitable for public release. There

8

Counterterrorism From: Newark

N te)V 3 15B-NK-C8 693^71 04/30/2004

are several unanswered questions regarding www . ant i war . com . It
describes itself as a non-profit group that survives on generous
contributions from its readers . Who are these contributors and
^hat are the funds utilized for? I j I

I on www . ant i war . comT If this
is so, then what is his true name? Two facts have been
established by this assessment. Many individuals worldwide do
view this website including individuals who are currently unde r
investigation and I I

9

S^S^ET

Counterterrorism From: Newark

\ 315B-NK-C869347l04/30/2004

Set Lead 1: (Discretionary)

COUNTERTERRORI SM

AT AT WASHINGTON. DC

^ It -*- s recommended that ECAU further monitor the

postings on website www . antiwar . com .

Set Lead 2 : (Action)

SAN FRANCISCO

AT AT SAN FRANCISCO. CA.

'• . JftSi It is recommended that a PI be opened to determine

if are engaging in, or

have engaged in, activities which constitute a threat to National
Security on behalf of a foreign power.

Set Lead 3 : (Info)

ALL RECEIVING OFFICES

(U) Read and clear.

10

DATE: 09-10-2010
* FBI INFO .

(Rev. 01-31-2003) CLASSIFIED BY I'M
REAS 01: 1.4 (b,c,
DECLASSIFY 01: 09-10-2035

#

2LP/PLJ

SE^CET

ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED

HEREIN IS UNCLASSIFIED EXCEPT

WHERE SHOOT OTHERWISE

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

To : Counterterrorism

New York

Philadelphia
St. Louis
San Francisco

From: Newark

GMRA2

Contact: IA

Attn:

Attn

Attn

Attn

Attn

Attn

Attn

Date: 04/30/2004

ITO S 1/ CONUS 1/ Teay i 3
SSA

SSA IT Pakistan Squad
SSA IT Pakistan

Approved By:

Drafted By:

Case ID #: (t)

- 05)

(S) • (i>)

(UK.. (n

3 15B-NK-C86934
315N-NK-C98832

31bB-JMK-iU2byb

b6

b7C

(Pending) ■'<3*70
(Pending) -> UG-L

(S)

Pending) I

bl

C J

Title:

^ VlT- PAKISTAN 1

(U)

■£&( Jit ubl/al qaeda I

i ■ ^

(U)

Synopsis

: Threat assessment:

, DOB:

1

r SSAN: unknown and I

DOB:

SSAN:

www. antiwar . com.

b6

b7C

(U)

Cl" 1,1 : U-3" '■

Peej^S5 ±fy = r O ir: ,! ■ •“g'

Administrative: This document contains information obtained
under the authoricyKf the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act
(FISA), 50 U.S.C., Section 1801. Such FISA derived information
shall not be used in any criminal proceeding, including grand

■‘i W.A.

classifie:

DASQEL-l
5CLASSIFYQN:

. )

b6

b7C

, Forums - Shock Video: Who Shot Nea.9/1 1 Tapes?

http://engfomm.jj||/da.ru/sho'wthread.php3?s=&tlireadi...

\

PRflDDfl

Login with username a nd password:
Login! j

9

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:57 PM. IgSSgP 1 [&ggaSBj:l I MrmTftr j lE EmfiEre l l- .Sagt, M UagEEga 1 pftanrmj

Forums > News section > Shock Video: Who Shot New 9/11 Tapes?

Author

Thread

<3 Last Thread Next Thread 0

NewsLynk

Reporter

Registered: Dec 2003
Location: The matrix

Shock Video: Who Shot New 9/11 Tapes?

SHOCK VIDEO: WHO SHOT NEW 9/11 TAPES?

Did Al Qaeda shoot recently released footage of 9/11 WTC attack
v or was it someone else?
by Justin Raimondo

I shivered, a little, as I watched Lisa Meyers' report on NBC the
other night:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/1001433.asp?0cv=CB10

"New and threatening messages have been received from Al
Qaeda. There's a videotape aimed at American and Saudi Arabian
rulers and another that includes what appears to be
well-produced footage of the 9/11 attacks v raising still other
questions."

This new 9/11 footage sure does raise a lot of other questions,
first and foremost: who shot the video? It was posted on what is
described as "a known Al-Qaeda website" last Wednesday,
although it was taken down after a few days. Aside from the
usual militaristic gymnastics by jihadi commandos, Meyers
reports:

"The tape also contains what U.S. counterterror experts say may
be never-before-broadcast video of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks
on New York's World Trade Center shot from across the East
River in Brooklyn. The FBI says it is familiar with the video, which
was provided by a friendly bystander. But that raises the question
v how did a tape that was not widely circulated end up on a
known Al Qaeda site?"

ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED
HEREINJS XINCLASSIFJEO
WTE^Ljyj

It's sinister to contemplate. Video believed to have been in U.S.
government hands somehow pops up on a website alleged to be
an Al Qaeda mouthpiece, and U.S. government officials hold it up
as a reason to cower in fear before the threat of another major
terrorist attack on American soil. Meanwhile, the President avers
that Iraq is the central arena in his "war on terrorism," and his
supporters claim that we're battling them in the streets of
Baghdad so we don't have to fight them in the streets of Boise v
or whatever alliterative cliche first comes to mind.
http://www. weeklvstandard.com/Conte... 03/425kcolb.asp

The idea that Al Qaeda had additional agents in the area, who
knew the attack was coming, would certainly explain the

1 of 7

4/26/2004 2:03 PM

. Forums - Shock Video: Who Shot New, 9/1 1 Tapes?

#

.* W

http :/ / engforum j||vda.ru/showthread.php3 ?s=&threadi. . .

unflinching steadiness of the camera's eye as it recorded the
terror of that moment. But instead of inventing additional
elements and players, it's always best to stick with what we
already know. So who else just happened to be videotaping the
World Trade Center attack that day?

Hours after the terrorists struck, five people were arrested in New
Jersey as they taped the WTC from their vantage point across the
Hudson River in New Jersey. A witness identified only as "Maria"
by ABC News said she saw:

http://www.haaretzdailv.eom/hasen/p. ..sID=Q&listS rc=Y
http://abcnews.qo. com/sections/2020.. .van 020621.html

"Three young men kneeling on the roof of a white van in the
parking lot of her apartment building. 'They seemed to be taking
a movie,' Maria said. The men were taking video or photos' of
themselves with the World Trade Center burning in the
background, she said.

"What struck Maria were the expressions on the men's faces.

‘They were like happy, you know - They didn't look shocked to
me. I thought it was very strange,' she said."

Even stranger v it turned out the five were Israelis. When law
enforcement swooped down on this crew, they found them in
possession of $4,700 in cash, box cutters, and multiple foreign
passports. Police dogs reacted as if the presence of explosives
was indicated, and, as the Bergen County Record reported:
http://www.forward.com/issues/2002/02.03.15/news2.html

"Sources close to the investigation said they found other evidence
linking the men to the bombing plot. 'There are maps of the city
in the car with certain places highlighted,' the source said. 'It
looked like they’re hooked in with this. It looked like they knew
what was going to happen when they were at Liberty State
Park.'"

These guys were held for three months, much of the time in
solitary confinement, and extensively interrogated. One refused
to take a lie detector test for weeks, and then failed it. All five
had been in the employ of Urban Moving Systems, of
Weehawken, New Jersey, the company name on their van's
registration.

Police raided the Urban Moving Systems warehouse 48 hours
later, and carted away a lot of computer hard drives and other
materials. The owner, one Dominik Suter, fled to Israel the next
day. A few months later, Suter's name turned up on a list of
terrorist suspects circulated by the FBI to European financial
institutions.

http://www.antiwar.com/iustin/CI-08-02.Ddf

The apprehended Israelis claimed that they were merely
"documenting" the day's events: police confiscated their
photographic equipment, and whatever film they had taken. The

2 of 7

4/26/2004 2:03 PM

Forums

3 of 7

Shock Video: Who Shot N^v 9/1 1 Tapes? http://engforum^pvda.ru/showthread.php3?s=&threadi...

new film shows the World Trade Center burning from the
Brooklyn side of the East River, while the Urban Movers were
filming from the vantage point of Liberty State Park, across the
Hudson River in New Jersey. But whomever had foreknowledge of
the attack on the World Trade Center could have taken that film v
and Al Qaeda operatives are not the only possible suspects.

I have written at length about the five arrested Israelis in my new
book, The Terror Enigma: 9/11 and the Israeli Connection, and I
commend the attention of my readers to this modest little volume
if they want to know more. I bring this up, not merely to plug my
book, but to point out that we can’t begin to understand the
strange expropriation of this previously unknown footage outside
the context provided by The Terror Enigma,
http :// www.iuniverse. com/bookstore/... suodz b6J9aGKNA

As I prove in my book, Al Qaeda did not carry out its plans for a
major terrorist attack entirely undetected. The Israelis were hot
on the trail of the 9/11 hijackers, and must have had some
foreknowledge of what happened that fateful day.
http://iraq-info.laccesshost.com/schrom.html

Did they shoot the footage we are just now seeing, or was an Al
Qaeda film team at the ready the moment the twin towers were
hit? Readers of The Terror Enigma will understand how and why
the former scenario is just as likely the latter.

As to how, in that case, the video passed into the hands of Al
Qaeda's propagandists v it wouldn’t be the first time the fruits of
Israeli spying operations in the U.S. fell into the hands of
America's enemies.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/576453/posts

In any case, how this new 9/11 footage, previously known only to
the FBI and a "friendly bystander," wound up in Al Qaeda's
possession v or in the hands of a website claiming to represent
them v is a mystery that the U.S. government seems quite
uninterested in unraveling.

NOTES IN THE MARGIN

The U.S. is how completely enclosing Iraqi villages in barbed
wire. A more appropriate metaphor for the occupation of Iraq
couldn't be created by any novelist. Like the Israelis, the
American occupiers are requiring an internal passport of all
travelers coming into and going out of these villages. And,
speaking of Israel, we are now doing to the Iraqis what Ariel
Sharon and his ultra-rightist Likud party bloc have been dishing
out to the Palestinians: arresting and detaining the relatives of
"suspected guerrillas."

http://www.nytimes.eom/2003/12/07/i. ..&partner=GOQGLE
http://www.amnesty.nl/persberichten/NK-PB0090.shtml

I can hear ali the weeping and wailing on the part of the "liberal"
wing of the War Party, crying out that this is hardly going to win

4/26/2004 2:Q3 PM

[ • ForUms ' Shock Vldeo: Who Shot 3> ^j| 9/1 1 Tapes? http://engforun^pivda.ru/showthread.php3?s=&threadi...

hearts and minds." The point is that it isn't meant to: turning
Iraq’s villages into concentration camps is designed to humiliate,
demean, and ultimately subjugate a proud people who refuse to
be conquered. That's the real face of the American "liberation" v
flat out ugly.

vJustin Raimondo

Find this article at:

http://www.antiwar.com/iustin/il20803.html

Main English News site IJRI :

http://enqforum.pravda.ru/forumdisDlav.p hn37fnn imiH ==7
Main Discussion Forum URL:

http://enqforum.pravda.ru/forumdisplav. php3?forumiri=7

Q 12-08-2003 07:31 PM

JohnathanRGalt

Coalition Forces Member

Report thi s post to a moderator | IP: Logged

© i£*i>

Bzzzzzt. Error in story.

Compare this statement:

Registered: Dec 2003
Location: Cambridge, UK

The tape also contains what U.S. counterterror experts say may
be never-before-broadcast video of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks
on New York's World Trade Center shot from across the East
River in Brooklyn.

With this statement:

"Hours after the terrorists struck, five people were arrested in
New Jersey as they taped the WTC from their vantage point
across the Hudson River in New Jersey".

We need to understand basic geography. Study a map of New
York.

Brooklyn is to the EAST of Manhatten.

New Jersey is to the WEST of Manhatten.

Justin Raimondo is to the SOUTH of the planet Uranus.

4 of 7

4/26/2004 2:03 PM

. Forums - Shock Video: Who Shot Nev^9/1 1 Tapes?

http://engforumj|avda.ru/showthread.php3?s=&threadi.

1 12-08-2003 07:52 PM

Last edited by JohnathanRGalt on 12-08-2003 at 07:59 PM

NickShow

Junior Member

Registered: Dec 2003
Location:

D 12-09-2003 08:11 AM

NickShow (

Junior Member

Registered: Dec 2003
Location:

0 12-09-2003 04:38 PM

The Beat

resident beatnik

Registered: May 2003
Location: Between
Mickey's ears

HI 2nd error

And I ve been spreading this word around but no one seems to listei
That video wasn't never before broadcast stuff. The professional
quality angle has been seen before. I own a copy of it. Why, you ast
Because it's on a dvd....put out by PBS of a Nova special.

This one in fact:

http://imaqes.amazon.eom/imaqes/P/B000Q6ADG4.01.LZZZZZZZ.ir

It's from the first ten seconds of the damned program! NBC and CNr
and the FBI can't get it right!

Yes, it must be a conspiracy! PBS is funded by the US Government
via grants!

All this means is that Al Queda has access to Best Buy! Dear god
someone stop this garbage!

They also have access to Circuit City, too.

Jonathan

It's my understanding that this "new" film was taken in Brooklyn.
Why they would also mention A TOTALLY SEPARATE ACCOUNT
that occurred in New Jersey, is puzzling, but the have NOTHING
TO DO WITH EACH OTHER.

So, what do they say is the reason it fell???

El 12-09-2003 05:33 PM

JohnathanRGalt

Coalition Forces Member The al-Qaeda videos are available here:

5 of 7

4/26/2004 2:03 PM

"J

Forums

Shock Video: Who Shot I^w 9/1 1 Tapes?

http :/ / engforui^pavda.ru/showthread.php3 ?s=

Registered: Dec 2003
Location: Cambridge, UK

http://intellnet.org/media/

Anyone with a video camera in West Brooklyn, East NJ, or South
Manhattan would have started recording that event once the
news of the first plane hitting the tower became public
knowledge.

Justin Raimondo is hawking his book "The Terror Enigma: 9/11
and the Israeli Connection". As to the reason why antiwar.com
ignores all evidence to the contrary while truth and reality take a
back seat — anti-semitism is an ugly thing.

It's from the first ten seconds of the damned program! NBC and
CNN and the FBI can't get it right!

Neither can the AntiWar.com

B 12-09-2003 07:21 PM

NickShow

Junior Member

Registered: Dec 2003
Location:

571 gjgliir)

Re: Jonathan

Originally posted by The Beat
Nick -

So, what do they say is the reason it fell???

Supports couldn t take the strain as the columns were damaged.
The dvd itself is more if you want to know the physical aspects as
to why they collapsed more than the social/political.

Last edited by NickShow on 12-10-2003 at 02:34 AM

Q 12-10-2003 02:32 AM

NickShow

Junior Member

S) |£l^^j |£S^2j

Registered: Dec 2003
Location:

Finally the info get somewhere that is read often:

htt p : / /www. thememoryhole.orq/9 1 1/new-footaae/index. htm

D 12-16-2003 08:19 PM

JohnathanRGalt

Coalition Forces Member

S3

NickShow
Good find!

6 of 7

: &threadi...

4/26/2004 2:03 PM

.Justin Raimondo explores the Israelis' ujjnnection to 9/11 http://www.chrojjiBlesrnagazhie.org/Clironicies/August...

From the August 2003 issue of Chronicles:

CHRONICLES INTELLIGENCE ASSESSMENT

The Terror Enigma: Israel and the September 11 Connection

by Justin Raimondo

"Remember 9/11!" is the rallying cry of the War Party; what we are remembering, however, is
a half-truth. It is time to draw the curtain on the largely ignored prehistory of September 11.
Although Bush-administration officials deny that they had even a hint of what was to come,
government agencies were literally awash with warnings from the intelligence services of
other nations— including the British, the French, the Germans, the Russians, the Argentines,
the Israelis, the Egyptians, the Moroccans, and the Jordanians.

The Israelis had warned us in August 2001, when they sent a delegation to Washington,
handed over a list of 19 individuals in the United States whom they believed to be planning
terrorist activities, and issued a nonspecific warning that a major terrorist attack was afoot.

Yet there are indications that the Mossad knew about Muhammad Atta and his gang long
before they let U.S. law enforcement in on the secret.

In the months before September 11, the Mossad had launched a major covert operation in the
United States, involving hundreds of agents who not only kept a close watch on the terrorists
but may have effectively blinded U.S. antiterrorism investigators to the activities of Al Qaeda
in the United States. The evidence can be found in the U.S. government's own documents,
leaked by its own employees, and in its public pronouncements before the decision was made
to quash this story at any cost.

In March 2001, the National Counterintelligence Center— whose mandate empowers it to
identify and assess possible threats to U.S. national security — posted the following warning on
its website :

In the past six weeks, employees in federal office buildings located throughout the
United States have reported suspicious activities connected with individuals
representing themselves as foreign students selling or delivering artwork.

Employees have observed both males and females attempting to bypass facility
security and enter federal buildings. If challenged, the individuals state that they
are delivering artwork from a studio in Miami, Florida, called Universal Art, Inc, or
that they are art students and are looking for opinions regarding their work. These
individuals have been described as aggressive. They attempt to engage employees
in conversation rather than giving a sales pitch.

The NCIC warned that "these individuals have also gone to the private residences of senior
federal officials under the guise of selling art." How they discovered the home-addresses of
these senior officials, the NCIC did not say. At that point, two of the "students" had been
arrested for immigration violations: The suspects possessed counterfeit immigration papers
and identification. Later, many more would be picked up— nearly 200— and summarily
deported to their country of origin: Israel.

The NCIC alert was the earliest premonition, some six months before the event, of September
11. It was the first known instance — and possibly the last— in which the "antiterrorism"
apparatus set up by the U.S. government actually worked, to some extent. The NCIC ended
its warning with what turned out to be an accurate assessment of the threat:

Other reporting indicates that there may be two groups involved, and they refer to
themselves as "Israeli art students." One group has an apparently legitimate
ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED
HEREIN JS UNCLASSIFIED a , , ,

1 of 5

4/26/2004 2:23 PM

Justin Raimondo explores the Israeli^^onnection to 9/1 1

http ://www.ch^^iclesmagazine. org/ Chronicles/August. . .

0n SL‘?. ak i n9 9 ° a Whlle the second ' Perhaps a non-Israeli group, may have ties
to a Middle Eastern Islamic fundamentalist group. Federal employees observing
any activity similar to that described above should report their observations to
appropriate security officials.

thS ^ did - Indeed ' so many amounts of Israeli "art student" sightings poured in

l,lr r h h a W ' de J ar, f ° f federal agencies ' that they were compiled in a secret government
dossier. Their mode of operation was always the same: They would enter a U S federal

fachty even some that were unmarked, and make their pitch, aggressively seeking entry
through back doors and generally acting as if they were casing the joint. Since donation's
frontline fighters in the "War on Drugs" had, for some reason, attracted th^partiSilar
attention of these art students," this document, which only came to light after September 11
seems to have been compiled and written up by the internal security unit of the Druq
Enforcement Agency (DEA), in cooperation with the Immigration and Naturalization Service
sometime in summer 2001. (See " Suspicious Activities Involving Tsra »ii SFS

ISrA^ at the , beginning of 2 °00" and increased in November:

After April 2001, the number of reported incidents . . . declined[;] however the aeoaranhir

spread of the incidents" was extended "to Wisconsin, Oklahoma, and Los Anqeles " Inadditinn
o visiting DEA offices, these "art students" also descended on a nuler of ote
law enforcement and Department of Defense facilities across the. continental. United States
The majority of recorded incidents, however, seem to have occurred in the southern half of

withThTD'EA^Offi^ n e f P ' center ° factivity located ^ southern Florida. Investigators associated
put it^ DEA 0ffice of Secunt y Programs apparently became convinced that, as the report

hktn?frl U | re f° f i ndividuals ' conduct, combined with intelligence information and
historical information regarding past incidents involving Israeli Organized Crime

activity 5, t0 be ISVe the mcidents may wel1 be an organized intelligence gathering

These were no ordinary Israeli "tourists," as they claimed when confronted. While all Israelis
dpnlo ,7- e S< ?> ' 8 time ,n „ the milltary ' an unusually high proportion of these "students" were

° EA rep ° rt Hsts name ' rank ' and serial number = Itay Simon
Mar n a Glickman, and Dilka Borenstein are all described as former members of Israeli military
intelligence. Zeev Miller is identified as a "combat engineer," and Ofir Navron is a "bomb * Y
disposal expert. Aran Ofek, the son of a two-star Israeli general, was apprehended in Dallas
Taken together, their credentials are impressive: "intelligence officer," "electronic intercept
perator, special forces," "demolition/explosive ordnance expert."

n^ r °M P of 1 ISraeliS I was picked U P by ■ the FBI after being spotted in Liberty State Park in Jersey
S?nrh SW J 5eV c' jf ug . h,n 9 and h, 9h-fivlng one another as the World Trade Center burned on
he other side of the river. A story by Paulo Lima in the Bergen, New Jersey Record

after^he ^WTC^VtarL^ ^ d esct ? bes how f ive men-"Israeli tourists"-were picked up eight hours
after the WTC attack, carrying maps linking them to the blasts":

to th^bom^ng investigation said they found other evidence linking the men

L h H e «T a M Ci , ty ^ the car with certain P |aces highlighted," the source

said. It looked like they re hooked in with this. It looked like they knew what was
going to happen when they were at Liberty State Park."

Lima reports that the five "tourists" had been picked up after local police received the
following alert from the FBI:

4/26/2004 2:23 PM

Justin Raimondo explores the Israeli^nnection to 9/1 1 http://wwxhrjJ^lesmagazine.org/Chronicles/August

Veh'cle possibly related to New York terrorist attack. White, 2000 Chevrolet van
with New jersey registration with "Urban Moving Systems" sign on back seen at
Liberty State Park, Jersey City, NJ, at the time of first impact of jetliner into World
irade Center. Three individuals with van were seen celebrating after initial impact
and subsequent explosion. FBI Newark Field Office requests that, if the van is
located, hold for prints and detain individuals.

These reports attracted little if any notice. Not long after, however, the whole operation began
to surface in major media. On November 23, 2001, the Washington Post ran a story by John
Mmtz detailing how along with the 1,000 or so Muslim Middle Easterners jailed in the Ashcroft
sweep, 60 Israelis had been picked up and held, not just for routine visa violations, but in
connection with the September 11 investigation. The Post's subhead read: "Government calls
Several Cases of Special Interest,' Meaning Related to Post-Attacks Investigation."

?h C «I d r in9 Mintz, ^ a f count ' INS officials in Cleveland and St. Louis testified in court that
these Israelis were of special interest to the government"— putting them in the same
category as hundreds of mostly Arab men rounded up by the feds since the attacks.

nhcfo th H k SX i 6I9h | t ° r ™ ne u months ' the rest of the story would come out, though it would be
obscured by denials and submerged by an oddly indifferent media. "It is rather stranqe "

remarked Jane s Defense Intelligence Digest (March 13, 2002), "that the US media seems to
be ignoring what may well be the most explosive story since the 11 September attacks-the
alleged break-up of a major Israeli espionage operation in the USA." (The Post's story blandly
rnf,nhr d r( T aders t !]f t the Israeli detainees were "observing a time-honored tradition in their V
. t0L ! nn i ^ world after their mandatory service in the Israeli military," although
Mintz did note that a number of them had served in counterterrorist units in Israel.")

On December 11, 2001, Fox News ran the first in a series of investigative reports that blew
the whtstle on a va S t Israeli spy network operating on American soil-and openly posed the
q estion of whether the Israelis had foreknowledge of September 11. According to Jane's
what !s striking about Fox News reporter Carl Cameron's portrait of Israel's spy network in the
U.S. is the sheer vastness of his subject. The broad scope of the operation, with its many
fronts and activities conducted from coast to coast, had all the aspects of a major military
campaign. In the months leading up to 9/11, Cameron claimed, Israel was waging a covert
war against its principal ally and benefactor, the United States.

?nfh f ?. U e?V Can ?f r0n re P orted the m y riad details of Israel's far-flung underground army

in the United States. He noted that some of the 60 detainees arrested in the wake of Y
September 11 were active Israeli military officers. Some had failed polygraph tests when they
were asked about surveillance activities against and in the United States."

Cameron showed how the Mossad had thoroughly penetrated top-secret communications
systems. He cited veteran law-enforcement agents afraid for their jobs if they questioned
Israel s role. What really caught the attention of viewers, however, was the following
statement from his first broadcast:

There is no indication that the Israelis were involved in the 9-11 attacks but
investigators suspect that the Israelis may have gathered intelligence about the
attacks in advance, and not shared it. A highly placed investigator said there
^" e— ’ Quote— tie-ins." But when asked for details, he flatly refused to describe
them, saying— quote— "evidence linking these Israelis to 9-11 is classified. I cannot
tell you about evidence that has been gathered. It's classified information."

Cameron's bombshell should have provoked a frenzy of media interest and calls for
investigation. That no such call was ever made is a story in itself.

an official

3 of 5

4/26/2004 2:23 PM

Justin Raimondo explores the Israeli^^nnection to 9/1 1

http://www.ch^pclesmagazine.org/Clironicles/August..

int-Iii^l lrSt Part 0 t hiS raport ' Cameron Reuses on a single aspect of a multilayered Israeli
nteiligence operation that became increasingly visible in the months preceding September 11:

Numerous classified documents obtained by Fox News indicate that even prior to
September 11, as many as 140 other Israelis had been detained or arrested in a
finT^f S T prawling investigation into suspected espionage by Israelis in the
United States. Investigators from numerous government agencies are part of a

9 w° U 5 th f- S S £n com P ilin 9 evidence since the mid-90s. These documents
detail hundreds of incidents in cities and towns across the country that

acthdty." t0rS Say - quote ~" ma y weli be an organized intelligence gathering

Ill e v e m=2 Jme f t f S il ? c ' uded a 6 °-P a 90 report compiled by a number of federal agencies In the
SturiP^r i? r "° f " fa | :t buFeaucratese 50 typical of a government document, the "Israeli Art
n!S ! per ^ - |eaked some months later-confirmed Cameron's contention that a
nationwide underground apparatus of Israeli agents, centered in Florida and Texas carried out

DEA p h" th , e D m ° nthS lMdin9 up *° s 'P^ber 11. Their targets1nclud?d the

rhp A pin the Federal Protective Service; the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms-

E saaon; a hosi ° f siate and federai “ urth ° uses ^ '

The leaked document describes in excruciating detail the doggedly'persistent efforts of Israelis
claiming to be "art students' to get into the offices and even the homes of federal
law-enforcement agents and government officials.

A March 5, 2002, article in Le Monde by Sylvain Cypel was more specific- "More then * thirH nf
hese 'students' claimed residence in Florida," and "at least fiv^wer^

rem incfs us ^ha^^Ue^st 10 oH-h^ ^cTi-^ PS - P ° in f tS ° Ut the P roximit V of the two cities and
toZof some 25 000 souk M S 0f 9/11 were residing in Florida -" Hollywood, a

Muslim terrorist cell responsible for SepXber ^ ; maj0r nexus of Israel s spy network and the

nnmhl^f ^ ^ embe !; S of the 3 rou P that diverted American Airlines flight
number 11-Mohammed Atta, Abdulaziz Al-Omari, Walid and Wail Al-Shehri as
well as one of the five terrorists of United flight 175, Marwan Al-Shehhi-resided all
at ^. aFI0ua tim es in . . .Hollywood, Florida. As for Ahmed Fayez, Ahmed and Hamza
A -Ghamdi and Mohand Al-Shehri, who took over United flight 75, like Said

rich^Hc 1 ' ^ hm 5 d ^l-Haznawi and Ahmed Al-Nami, of United flight 93 which
crashed September 11 in Pennsylvania, and Nawaq Al-Hamzi, of AA flight 77

north of Fort Uuder3ate° n) ' theV "" at °" e reSkted at Delra >' Beach ' the

The most logical assumption is that the Israelis were engaged in a larqe-scale
intelligence-gathering operation on Islamic terrorist cells in the United States.

Another jmportant piece of the puzzle is found in an October 14, 2002, article bv Oliver
Schrom in the German weekly Die Zeit. Schrom writes:

hJrn U m t,i ? e attaC ^ ° f Se P fcember U did the consequences of the spy ring

ftfrmlS IfT' Appar i en , ty the agents were not interested in military or industrial
facilities, but were shadowing a number of suspects, who were later involved in the
terrorist attacks against the U.S. According to a report of the French intelligence
agency that Die Zeit examined, "according to the FBI, Arab terrorists and 9
suspected terror cells lived in Phoenix, Arizona, as well as in Miami and Hollywood,

4 of 5

4/26/2004 2:23 PM

Justin Raimondo explores the ^aelis^pnnection to 9/1 1 http://wwxhr^lesmagazine.org/Chronicles/August...

Florida from December 2000 to April 2001 in direct proximity to the Israeli spy
cells."

The Mossad vvas particularly interested in Muhammad Atta, the terrorist leader, and Marwan
al-Shehi, who lived in Hollywood, Florida. Die Zeit reports that the Mossad was watchinq the
terrorist leader and his chief accomplices very closely:

Everything indicates that the terrorists were constantly observed by the Israelis.
The chief Israeli agent was staying right near the post office where the terrorists
had a mailbox. The Mossad also had its sights on Atta's accomplice Khalid
al-Midhar, with whom the CIA was also familiar, but allowed to run free.

The title of the Die Zeit piece— "Next Door to Mohammed Atta"— may be a bit of an -
overstatement, however. As Schrom writes:

[Muhammad Atta and Marwan al-Shehi] lived in Hamburg before they settled in
Hollywood, Florida ] in order to plan the attacks. A Mossad team was also
operating in the same town. The leader, Hanan Serfati, had rented several
dwellings. "One of Serfati's apartments was located on the corner of 701st St. and
21st Ave. [sic] in Hollywood, right near the apartment of Atta and al-Shehi " '

French intelligence reported later. '

There is just one problem: There is no 701st Street and 21stAvenue in Hollywood, Florida.
Serfati s rental was at 701 South 21st Street, about a half-mile from Atta's 1818 Jackson
Street address. Serfati rented several apartments in the area, however, and one could easily
have been next door to Mohammed Atta" and his confederates, who moved around quite a
bit. In addition, the geographical congruity of the Israeli "art students" and the hijackinq
conspirators was not limited to South Florida, as John Sugg has pointed out in a March 20
2002, piece for the Weekly Planet : '

Many of the apparent operatives had set up shop at addresses only stones' throws
from Arabs in San Diego, Little Rock, Irving, Texas, and in South Florida. The
Planet also has obtained a watch list of mostly Arabs under scrutiny by the U.S.
government. The addresses of many correspond to the specific areas where the
Israelis established bases.

While the Israelis were closely observing Atta and his friends, they did not inform the U S
government what they were up to until August 2001: Der Spiegel reported (October 1 2002)
that they handed over a list of 19 terrorist suspects, with at least four of the hijackers on it, "a
few weeks before ' September 11, but the federal government says that the warning was for
attacks "outside the United States."

The warning was nonspecific, indicating only that these were potential terrorists. And there
are other discrepancies thatcloud the picture of Israeli cooperation in this matter. If the
Israelis had decided in August to come clean with the information they had, why were federal
agents still arresting and detaining our "partners" in the "War on Terrorism" in late November
and early December?

Copyright 2003, www.ChroniclesMagazine.org
BACK TO THE AUGUST 2003 ISSUE

5 of 5

4/26/2004 2:23 PM

DATE : 09-09-2010
CLASSIFIED BY UC60322LP/PLJ/CC
REAS 01: 1.4 (c)

DECLASSIFY 01: 09-09-2035

ALL INFORMATION C OBTAINED
HERE II IS UNCLASSIFIED EXCEPT
WHERE SHOOT OTHERWISE

U.S. Department of Justice

Federal Bureau of Investigation

In Reply, Please Refer to
File No.

11 Centre Place
Newark, NJ 07102

January 19, 2005

Brooklyn, NY 11218

ALL INFORM)
HEREIN IS LIC

TOWN OTHERS

WTAINED
LED EXCEPT

Dear

In September 2001 you were detained by the United
States Immigration and Naturalization Service. At the time of
your arrest, items found in your possession were seized as part
of an ongoing investigation. The Federal Bureau of Investigation
no longer requires retention of these items and would like to
return them to you. You have 30 days to make arrangements to
retrieve the items or th ey will be destroyed. Your no -int of
contact is Special Agent Thank you

for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Joseph Billy Jr.

Special Agent in Charge

;ing supervisory Special Agent

iHESfcS

DaTE : US-Oy-iiUlO

CLASSIFIED BY TJC60322LP/FLJ/
PEAS 01: 1.4 (c)

DECLASSIFY 01: 09-09-2035

ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED
HE PE II IS UNCLASSIFIED EXCEPT
WHERE SHOOT OTHERWISE

U.S. Department of Justice

Federal Bureau of Investigation

In Reply, Please Refer to
File No.

11 Centre Place
Newark , NJ 07102

January 19, 2005

Brooklyn, NY 11218

Dear

In September 2001 you were detained by the United
States Immigration and Naturalization Service. At the time of
your arrest, items found in your possession were seized as part
of an ongoing investigation. The Federal Bureau of Investigation
no longer requires retention of these items and would like to
return them to you. You have 3 0 days to make arrangements to
retrieve the items or th ey will be destroyed. Your po int of
contact is Special Agent Thank you

for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Joseph Billy Jr.

Special Agent in Charge

(etjP

By : '

1

Acting Supervisory Special Agent

ILL INFORMATION CONTAINED

HE PE 1 1 15 UNCLASSIFIED EXCEPT
WHERE SHOOT OTHERWISE

DATE: 09-09-2010

CLASSIFIED BY UC60322LP/PLJ/CC

REASON: 1.4 (c)

DECLASSIFY OH: 09-09-2035

tT.S. Department of Justice

Federal Bureau of Investigation

In Reply, Please Refer to
File No.

11 Centre Place
Newark, NJ 07102

Brooklyn, NY 11218

Dear

January 19, 2005

ALL IWFOmWTOJ^ONTAIMED
HEREIN IS UiieSsSIFIED EXCEPT
WHERESHOWN OTHERWISE.

In September 2001 you were detained by the United
States Immigration and Naturalization Service. At the time of
your arrest, items found in your possession were seized as part
of an ongoing investigation. The Federal Bureau of Investigation
no longer requires retention of these items and would like to
return them to you. You have 30 days to make arrangements to
retrieve the items or . th ey will be destroyed. Your no - i nt of
contact is Special Agent Thank you

for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Joseph Billy Jr.

Special Agent in Charge

3003

CLA5SMEIH
REASON: 1.4( C'JtX
BEClASSBE^OlCli

Acting Supervisory Special Agent

0)1

DATE : 09-09-2010

CLASSIFIED BY UC60322LP/PLJ/CC

PEAS OH: 1. 4 (c)

DECLASSIFY 01: 09-09-2035

ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED
HEPEII IS UNCLASSIFIED EXCEPT
WHERE SHOOT OTHERWISE

U.S. Department of Justice

Federal Bureau of Investigation

In Reply, Please Refer to
File No.

11 Centre Place
Newark, NJ 07102

January 19, 2005

Brooklyn, NY 11218

ALL 1NF0R
HEREIN IS UN
WHERE SHO;

NTAINED
&S1FIED EXCEPT
ERWiSE. •

Dear

In September 2001 you were detained by the United
States Immigration and Naturalization Service. At the time of
your arrest, items found in your possession were seized as part
of an ongoing investigation. The Federal Bureau of Investigation
no longer requires retention of these items and would like to
return them to you. You have 30 days to make arrangements to
retrieve the items or th ey will be destroyed. Your po int of
contact is Special Agent | | Thank you

for your time and attention.

b6

b7C

Sincerely,

Joseph Billy Jr.

Special Agent in Charge

DATE:

classdfie:

REASON: 1,
BE 1

Acting supervisory special Agent

f/

bl

(Rev. 01-31-2003)

DATE: 09-03-2010
CLASSIFIED BY UC
REAS 01: 1.4 (c)

DECLASSIFY 01: 09^119-2035

:s^2

39^

2LP/PLJ/CC

To : Newark

From: Newark

Squad CI-1
Contact: SA

Date: 02/18/2005

b6

b7C

Approved By:

Drafted By: Q

Jfsy-

1A&

Case ID # :

(Closed)

Title:

(S)

TWIN TOWERS

Synopsis No response has been received from subjects

regarding property seized.

~3

(S)

bl

0 ^/

Be®a-v>ed—

Reference :

Lee: (S)

■®k-

Details K^i#) On m /i Q/^n or
ref erenced 1 ^ above , to
and

H-IP. writ-pr gpnl- f«ih fnnr loH-ore

regarding property that was seized as part of

bl

the Twin Towers investigation. The letters stated that the
individuals had 30 days, from the date on the letter, to respond
to FBI Newark in order to retrieve their property or it will be
destroyed. The letters were sent to the last known address of
the individuals. To date, no response has been made and FBI
Newark considers the items abandoned. The items will be
destroyed pursuant to FBI guidelines.

too

'b7C

♦♦

classme:

REASON: 1
OE<

* — r ^

\ ICs

bl

(

"j&J

FEDERAL- BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
FOIPA

DELETED PAGE INFORMATION SHEET

No Duplication Fees are charged for Deleted Page Information Sheet(s).

Total Deleted
Page 12 — b 6 ,
Page 13— bb ?
Page 14 — bb ?